The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

blackstar

ill check out my sts for u jus pm me to let me know

jus so ppl are aware ill be posting my sts xcr in small up for sale nxt week or so

also have a sts 1000 for sale too nxt week or so

Hi evereone, about a year ago i finished my sts+lefty project wich it is posted here, and about a few days ago i started a Facebook Page call the same way as this forum, so i invite you all to post .This is the adress:

http://www.facebook.com/TheGtStsThreadM ... ref=stream

All of you that might be interested in being administrators of this FB page just let me know, so you can also run it and post your pics!

Cheers!
C.

New pics today :

sts80.jpg

sts81.jpg

sts82.jpg

sts83.jpg

sts84.jpg

:p

Hokay! So after 15 years I finally got an STS-DH. Its marked 07/97, disc only rear stays with built in IS mount (not bolt on). Very tidy condition, needs decals and the internal cable tubing refreshed but thats about it. Only has light rub on one crank arm, and the Super Deluxe works perfectly, so I suspect its done very little hard work.

20130127_132122.jpg

Questions!

Gil_M for the decals to go on this one?

Wax furniture polish to get some shine back into the frame?

Are the lugs and links/stays meant to be satin silver or a polished finish?

Would anyone like to hazard a guess at how many STS' s there are in the UK?

I reckon there are hundreds of 1's and 2's, but how many STS lobos?

Did anyone used to work for the GT importer and have any official numbers?

I wonder how many DHs were made? My frame is numbered '0875' after the date code, but I was thinking they may have been numbered in series with whatever else was going through the works?

Preloved BIkes":1fb685r2 said:
Would anyone like to hazard a guess at how many STS' s there are in the UK?

I reckon there are hundreds of 1's and 2's, but how many STS lobos?

Did anyone used to work for the GT importer and have any official numbers?

In 97 when I got my STS-2, Ceratti were absolutely desperate to get them into the shops. There was a dealer in Bristol who had been forced to take an STS-1, but who knew he could not sell it. He was told that unless he took an STS they would not supply him with any of the cheaper models, which was what he really wanted.

I got my STS through my LBS who were not a GT dealer, but who had an account with Ceratti for accessories. They phoned and asked if they could buy just one STS-2 and were told yes, without any issues. I think the local sales rep delivered it, as Ceratti were based just up the road in Almondsbury, Bristol.

I fancy there are more STS's out there, maybe still sitting in their delivery boxes in the stock rooms of old shops, just waiting to be discovered ;)

Either that, or they all went back to the US with broken frames :shock:

Latest posts

Back