Castorama Raleigh frame and fork

Many thanks ,was bringing me out in a cold sweat !Figure it is going to cost a small fortune to complete,starting with the Delta Calipers.... :shock:

If you can't stomach the C-Record kit, you could consider Dura Ace and still retain period correct credentials. Given you've got yourself a Dyna Tech, and a Ti one at that, this might put your frame into the era when Castorama were running Shimano.

On the other hand, that wishbone could well put the frame at 1990 or '91 which would put you right in the bankrupture era! It would be interesting to know when the frame was produced and if it was originally sold in Castorama colours. Did you get any info from the seller?

Congrats either way!

Think you are bang on with age!Recently sold a Dyna Tech Pro frame from 1991 it was the 2080 series Reynolds so the top of the range,alas it was a 54cm so slightly too small.This seems to be exactly the same style only Titanium tubes ,very interesting ,got no history with it but can easily ask as it was a cycle shop that sold and I assume they had it painted !?I have a few NOS Durs Ace 7402 Series items including Chainset,Brake Levers and a 7400 series stem but really I want the Campagnolo on there just don't know weather to go period correct or a mix of Old and new ie Delta Calipers ,but with Some more modern items like Athena 11 ,or maybe in the middle with Record 8 speed? ,will I get shot down for even the thought ??

Back