£12.50 Muddy Fox Alu Sport (*UPDATE*)

Ok update on my Bargain Basement Find;

Wheels, cleaned, greased and new tyres fitted. Had some nice Michelin Wildgripper Rock (Semi Slick) tyres perfect for light trails and urban riding.

Suntour front mech had to go back on for the time being, struggling to find an STX-RC with a 34.9 / Top Pull.

Wife found a nice Muddy Fox, ladies specific gel saddle, online for a bargain £9.99.

The eagle eyed will note the the chain still needs to be fitted, in-fact the chain needs to be sourced as my man cave is right out of the slinky critters.

But so far Laura is really pleased with it and even with the purchases this build will fall sub <£40 :D Not bad for a light, nicely specced urban cruiser.

More pics :D

Attachments

• IMG_3711.jpg
    IMG_3711.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 917
  • IMG_3724.jpg
    IMG_3724.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 917
  • IMG_3716.jpg
    IMG_3716.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_3713.jpg
    IMG_3713.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 917
Looks really nice.

Any chance you could persuade Laura to go for a saddle smaller than a zeppelin?

Tazio":9edyxqxa said:
Looks really nice.

Lol she says its more for comfort than style, at the end of the day I am grateful and really lucky that she's supportive in my cycling pursuits :) therefore if she wants a settee for a saddle then it's all good :) lol, you should see the Tioga saddle I've got for one of my Flex's :)

Ok so the Man Cave has thawed out and the snow pretty much gone which means i can get on with my builds, that is until my very supportive wife requested that i finish 'Her' Bike :) lol, anyway a few more parts added including the Marzocchi XC400 Forks.

1st problem the solid axle on the wheels would not sit in the drop outs, So i ended up stripping the axle and fitting a QR Axle which dropped straight in. I was wanting to keep it with original bolt on axles purely for the Anti-Theft side of things (It is going to be the wife's town & country runner) Anyway solves the problem for the time being.

2nd Problem was the Canti-Brakes, I had got a Canti-Rocker which should bolt onto the Fork Brace, this was fine however without drilling the fork brace i could not get a bolt to go through. Not wanting to mess around with it i decided to give the 'Gizmo' a try, a spare set of STX V Brakes from the Man Cave, and Gizmo fitted brake problem was solved. Works really well and using a cam roller takes up the slack and effectively operates V-Brakes from Canti Levers :D

The Profile Stem and Kona Bars were dropped in place of a matching set of TREK System'2' components. And some Fred Salmon bar ends fitted just to bling it up a bit, Oh and some purple brake bolts just to finish it off.

Needless to say Laura is over the moon with her new steed and is looking forward to getting out on it, now the cold spell is over :D

Attachments

• Foxy Update5.JPG
    Foxy Update5.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 772
  • Foxy Update4.JPG
    Foxy Update4.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 773
  • Foxy Update3.JPG
    Foxy Update3.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 771
  • Foxy Update2.JPG
    Foxy Update2.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 770
  • Foxy Update1.jpg
    Foxy Update1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 771
Nice looking bike - love the purple colour, anodized bits and marzocchi forks.

Muddy Fox is a brand i'm familiar from back in the day when i used to have mountain bikes.

Tazio":2kxjj13g said:
Looks really nice.

Is there a quote of the year competition? :LOL:

He were right about that saddle though....

But that is such a sweet bike. Such value.

Those forks and frame were MFEO ;)

:cool:

Archemist":1psi2rxc said:
Tazio":1psi2rxc said:
Looks really nice.

Is there a quote of the year competition? :LOL:

He were right about that saddle though....

But that is such a sweet bike. Such value.

Those forks and frame were MFEO ;)

:cool:

:LOL: Yeah i know its a bit on the comfy size, however its the missus's bike and as shes pointed out to me on numerous occasions, this is her Town Ride and therefore wont be in cycling gear all the time so comfort is important. I wont argue with her lol

It has come together nicely, I'm not normally a 3DV or Purple fan, but i've actually enjoyed this budget build :cool:

sylus":nimlhjv0 said:
She got her way on the forks then ...nice effort chap

Oh yes, she got her way, was told to halt work on my rides until hers was sorted lol :) Mind you nice to see them being used :cool:

Back