Raleigh Europa 1979 - Project (With lots of Photos)

Wonderful pics and it sure does look a treat,brilliant how it begins to take shape ,i love pics that show start to finnish ,some clever folk about and you are one of them. best wishes Brian.

Hi Brian, big thanks for the comment, will for sure keep posting more updates and pics of the bikes' progress.

I was also viewing your thread (The Raleigh Banana Bike thread) and looks a very nice frame / bike and a clean example. :)

Hi All,

The bike is finally on the road, with a little more settings to go. Done a few miles this evening, weather was pretty cool, really enjoyed it :).

Few pics of the bike:

03102012505.jpg

03102012507.jpg

Thanks for viewing the thread :)

Thanks, I enjoyed that. I had a Raleigh Europa from new in about 78, it was my first road bike I was around 13 at the time, happy days :D

Hi AndyRet - thanks for viewing my thread and for the comment :). I will be uploading some more updates maybe by the end of this year. (Replacing the rear derailleur and also maybe the brake calipers).

It's been a while since I last posted something on my thread, took some random photos while on a Sunday ride and wanted to share them up with you. :)

20012013646.jpg

20012013648.jpg

20012013649.jpg

20012013651.jpg

Any comments are welcome and thanks again for viewing my thread. :)

Hey al-onestare, thanks for your comment, I had to re-spray the bike for sure, because it was really a mess when it was yellow (chipped spray, rust, sprayed Raleigh badge & also a sprayed stem) and decided to spray the bike white.

Yesterday I ordered a small Topeak bag (to be installed with the seatpost and saddle) and the back light.

Will be uploading more pictures today or tomorrow from this weekends rides. :)

More pictures below from last weekends rides. :)

26012013658.jpg

26012013659.jpg

26012013660.jpg

Some small update that can be noticed in this picture is the carbon wrapping under the shifters, so paint will not be chipped or sctrached.

26012013663.jpg

Hope you like my thread, and will continue to update the thread with more parts and upgrades. :D

So fascinating to see this from start to finish. I've enjoyed it.
What painting method did you use, as I see a few paint pots & brushes in your photos?
You've done a great job. The bike now looks amazing. White is a great choice.

Well done :D

Back