Colnago Master Olympic

Woodsman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
After a few years without a road bike (mtb only) I've acquired this which I believe is a '95. I'm learning more and more about it each day but would be interested in anything you can tell me about this model/background/history etc. It has had very little use, with minor or no wear on the 7410 Dura Ace group set. Yes I know it would have been nice to have Campag, but this it what it came with back in the day I'm convinced. Oh, and I'm aware the headset spacer isn't likely to be original.

8419933898_dccef12910.jpg

8419932752_013fac38b8.jpg

Cheers

:)

Woodsman":pyp7dd9y said:
It's the mtb isn't it - I knew I should have kept that quiet! :D

I think you got away with it the 1st time.

It's too small / big for you and its the wrong colour too. Please send it to me.

Thanks

p.s. What tubing is it? :)

Haha - that's good! :)

The tubing is Colombus Gilco - star shaped and is the one thing I do actually know a little about on this bike.

I'm trying to find out the year, the guy I bought it from thinks '95, I'm now thinking 93/4. The other thing I'd like to know is when the 7410 group set came out, as the rear hub is Uniglide SIS 8 not Hyperglide 8. Trying to work it all out really.

I think we may have met DA-EVO, I helped put together the routes for Surrey Hills National rides the last two years. I was leading on a '95 Cindercone....

Hi Woodsman,

I haven't done any of the Nat. Rides for one reason or another (usually work) but I did PM you a while back about something work related and I will get back in touch at some point!

Very nice bike, I can't really help on the age of it but I am pretty sure you'll enjoy using it :)

I don't have the slightest idea about the bike or gears, but I thinks it's very nice indeed.

Hi

1996 I tink
does it have the c and clover on the seat post lugg?
if so
similar colour to one of mine
the tubes on the >96 masters were bigger the con-caving on the crimps is not so pronounced, and the precisica forks are 'cut' differently
by the drop out triangle , there should also be clover cut outs
bb cut outs on top of the shell are also different

pardon me for takin'a liberty and posting pics of my own steeds, but just for clarification,
two models, same colour code, 94/95 and a 96, notice the subtle differences?
right hand model is 96

Attachments

• 8150370765_c2c995f634_z.jpg
    8150370765_c2c995f634_z.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 599
  • 8150370905_61b4d3ea8e_z.jpg
    8150370905_61b4d3ea8e_z.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 599
Very nice ... Is it a 54 & did you get it in Brighton ...
If so I was looking at this bike , but it was too small , luckily an angel was smiling at me from above .... And led me to my silver beauty ....
Hope you enjoy her
Mark

Confusing, I'd say it looks more like the left frame in your first pic saarf. Thanks for your input, I may try and find a closer pic of the fork cut out..

That's right Markynag, a 54 from Brighton which is only 25 miles from me. I got the tip-off from the E-bay watch thread. The condition was the clincher - mind blowing really! I've just been reading your account of how your Master rides, looking forward to getting on mine properly once I've given it a good check over/adjustments. etc

Back