Show us what you did today, thread

clockworkgazz":usl8gh7e said:
that looks great Jimi- top work :cool:

and TK I to would move, if I had that carpet :twisted:

:) :) Gaz, that is the house we have moved to :) I did say it needs a fair bit of work, and that is one of the nicer carpets. You should see some of the wall paper too.

TK tell me you've no moved tae a hoose that needs DIY done?????

ZZ instead of a powder coat why no just buy a new frame? Scandal frames are still cheap! Especially if your thinking of new wheels, turn the Mary into a winter bike.

The Ken":9ozqo3ic said:
that is one of the nicer carpets. You should see some of the wall paper too.

good luck with the move Ken, we moved to the 70s, several years ago. we managed to destroy the house and rebuild (most of) it..

I felt like an archaeologist when lifting the carpets and studying the ancient Daily Record scrolls below it :LOL: there was even cave paintings on the walls under the woodchip

It needs tradesmen K, a few of the jobs are beyond even my DIY skills, roof issues, damp basement. I am a glutton for punishment.

Really we fell in love with the place on first visit, last changed owners in 1964 so you can imagine it - 50% is ok but the other 50% is old persons taste 80's wallpaper and carpets, no original fireplaces - gas pipes sticking up in every room that need removed, lead pipe water mains.

Whole place needs renovated but the central heating is new and the electrics are 90's and the loft is insulated.

This is the cooker :LOL: ....
20130121_213748.jpg

That is pretty cool! I reckon untouched is better, my place was modernised in the 80's and its been a nightmare to sort all the bodgery.

And I have a whole basement room just for bikes :) a 20 x 20 ft L-shaped room. Will be quite cosy with the open fire and chesterfield sofas we got with the place :)

Superb Dave, really chuffed for you. A lot of work, but you're in it for the long haul. And at least you've got heat and electricity that won't fry your kids (been there, done that).

Welcome to the basement man-cave club :)

yesterday actually

I'll stick a seperate post up but this was my Sunday afternoon ride.
Apologies to Velo as its not retro but still good fun :cool:
Singlespeed as usual, 2:1 but instead of the 1X1's 32:16 its 36:18.

Jamie

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3508.jpg

Back