My new KLEIN

ozone1

Retro Guru
Just scraping in :D

This is my new 97 Klein Attitude Comp, ok so not one of the "sell your grandmother" years for Klein, but my first one, and I love it, it's a 1 owner from new, with a set of manitou SX TI shocks (may colour code them as i'm not a fan of the yellow)

She looks a bit daggy (translation from Kiwi "a bit funny looking") with slicks and rear fender but I have an idea to strip, soda blast and restore the frame in Painted desert with gold decals etc, allready had a pair of Conti Mountain Kings arrive today for it.

I won it on a local auction site but when my mate picked it up for me yesturday he told him it was going to live with a few other cool retro bikes, and that I was QUOTE "A rero MTB freak" must have made him happy because he took $110 off the price I had won it for on the auction, so not too bad for $200 NZ I recon :D :shock:

just a question re MC2 stems, I see the Adroit the same year came with an MC2, is there any drama fitting the MC2 stem/collet to this frame? (i'm presuming the frames are the same?) would i have to change to a sealed bearing headset? and would the MC2 bearing slip straight in?

Attachments

• 247983074.jpg
    247983074.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 588
  • 247983151.jpg
    247983151.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 588
  • 247983192.jpg
    247983192.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 589
glad to see you got that one.
its a conventional headset on that, if you want to fit a mc2 you need to klein 'evo' sized steerer and that is a year too late for it.

ride it for a while and see how you like it, they ride very well :D

Cheers mate, just not a huge fan of those headsets on a Klein, well if thats the case with the headtube then it will be ritchey carbon seatpost/bars/stem I think

Great Bikes ...
I have a 2007 Klein Attitude also but in blue ..
I added a pair of pace rc31 forks on mine and it is really light and fast ...

Back