Bringing a Pre-War frame into the 20th century.

jujupunk":1btwjqdf said:
A fair point, but riding off road I'd much rather my right hand, my strongest hand pulling the brake I'd use the most, being the front.

Must be a yank thing. Hopefully he'll enlighten us :cool:

It's not just a yank thing, in belgium it is the same. In holland it is sometimes the other way around.

but you ride/drive on the wrong side of the road too, so that makes sense.

I recently heard that it's Napoleons fault you drive on the right. Everyone used to travel on the left hand side of the road, leaving the sword arm free and to the side of those coming the other way. Napoleon was left handed and made his troops travel on the right so his sword arm was free.

Don't know if this is an urban myth, or true, but interesting. However I have diverted from the thread. I love the look of this bike. Looking forward to hearing how it rides.

I ended up selling the M4 brakes and as you can see I am using the Mini's instead so they are already setup right rear left front which is the norm here in the states. Incendentally the M4 brakes I sold went to a guy in the UK so I am sure he will just mount them up and go.

I've often heard USians refer to front-right as "moto-style" -- about the only people who use it there are those who also ride motorbikes.

cool, whatever comes naturally, interesting to know about the 'moto-style' thing.

How long till the build is finished now? What are you having done to the King headset?

:cool:

Still waiting on the headset so I experimented with the headbadge a bit. I used the toner transfer method to make one out of aluminum.
IMG_8538.jpg

IMG_8537.jpg

IMG_8546.jpg

Back