Help to identify an old Brooks saddle

Doubledee

rBotM Winner
Hi
Hope someone can help here, I've got an old Brooks saddle but I dont know the model and approximate year of manufacture. Im keeping it to put on a future restoration so it would be good to know more about. It's been well used and the lettering on the sides of the leather is worn off and unreadable.
Thanks Darren

Attachments

• Brooks saddle bottom.jpg
    Brooks saddle bottom.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 768
  • Brooks saddle back.jpg
    Brooks saddle back.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 768
  • Brooks saddle top.jpg
    Brooks saddle top.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 768
The year of manufacture is usually stamped on the metal plate underneath the saddle at the back. If you clean it off a bit hopefully you will be able to make it out :)

Robbied196":x0i4vj89 said:
The year of manufacture is usually stamped on the metal plate underneath the saddle at the back. If you clean it off a bit hopefully you will be able to make it out :)

Thanks, I've had a really good luck nothing there, I thinks it's a B17, could be 1950's considering the age of the bike it came off. Still it ok if a bit pulled and a rivet missing, just need the rest of the bike :D

Cannot see the badge on the side of the saddle. If oval pre mid 1950s. If a square shape it is later. Looks a B17 to me.
Don't let it dry out. Put some Brooks Proofhide on it, underneath as well as on top.

It's oval, just visible, really had some use, I've already treated the top and bottom, many thanks for the info, and it is a B17, it's also been laced round the frame before as its pierced and you can see where the wire was pulled through. I'll keep it fed and hopefully find a bike to build it onto.
Darren :D

Back