Winter projects

wallonie11

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Thought i'd share some of the bikes i've been playing with over the winter months...

Some of you might have noticed I got a nice ADR Merckx recently but it was too small. In the end I did a trade with my dad for his Carrera podium - think we both did alright out of it! His Corsa Extra is kitted out in mostly Super Record, with Mavic bars, Mavic Hubs and a shiny new rolls saddle. Double bar tape fitted.

The Carrera is made with Thron oversize and kitted out with 10 speed campag mix of Veloce/Record/Centaur. Complete with blue Ambrosio rims, and 3ttt bar and stem.

I got rid of a load of frames recently including a Cougar I had built as a fixie. I missed my fixie so have brought my old fondriest mega chrome out of retirement. This frame has some history, I got it off US Track Olympian Adam Duvendeck in 2002 when I was studying in CA. Its got a nice big dent in the toptube, and its probably not worth thinking of the strain Adam put it under. Still, useless hanging in an attic when it could be ridden!

Finally my custom TT rig made by Dolan in Slx - kitted out with Modolo brakes, Sachs and Campag transmission, and 3t Moscow bars. I just need to find a better seatpin! Still used in club 10s.

Attachments

• 2013adr1.jpg
    2013adr1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 803
  • 2013carrera1.jpg
    2013carrera1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 803
  • 2013fondriest1.jpg
    2013fondriest1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 803
  • 2013tt1.jpg
    2013tt1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 803
I like the Carrera. I think they are quite underrated in the UK as they are often confused with Halford's offering with a similar name.

Back