1990 - Muddy Fox Prestige Comp

mass199":25haccr1 said:
Nice MF Ade :)

Thanks! Bring yours along on the next west mids ride :D

(also pm me your address - I have that pair of m732 cantis for your MF :D)

I had one of these, it was a really really nice bike to ride. Built up amazingly light and had a very nice steel feel.

GT-Steve":muy9rx9o said:
That's one hell of a nice MF.

What size headset does it take?

Thanks Steve - it is 1 1/4" the frame/fork is totally different from the Courier Prestige and Prestige Seeker etc - it has the OS tube set and the stays are also prestige. Also it doesn't have the re-enforced seat tube collar and nice embossed MF footprint that the others do :( - the seat tube is externally butted. The forks have cast dropouts which are also different.

Interesting that so many 1-1/4" headsets from that era go brown...

Also really interesting just how much the frame differs from the other models.. :cool:

kaiser":2zf08epy said:
I had one of these, it was a really really nice bike to ride. Built up amazingly light and had a very nice steel feel.

No I never :oops: Reading your further posts shows it was a different bike I had. Still looking like a fantastic build :cool:

very nice frame... i think i bid on this one, did it have loads of stickers on it?
good work, ill be watching this one, glad its gone to a good home!

Annoyingly 3 weeks after the auction ends my bank pays out £6k in PPI refunds and I would have one of my unicorns. Still when the wife orders another cull stick me on the top of the list for this one, not jealous, much ;) .

Carl.

Back