RetroRoadRide Series 2013 - Rd 1: Gospel Pass Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished my first road bike tonight, precisely at the same moment the sun set and the snow set in :roll:

If I could find the special QR I was going to get it on the turbo to at least set it up in case the roads are clear in the morning .. but we've moved since I last saw it! :facepalm: :LOL:

Fingers crossed I might get a spin in the am...

After a pretty terrible effort at riding through January I will officially be the Lanterne rouge feel free to heckle and push me along :LOL:

Excellent stuff, new names added and great to see that the battle for "I'm a liability", "I haven't ridden in months", "I'll be at the back" has started in earnest although DSP may be leading at present with his "I only have a 2003 bike" schtick.

drystonepaul":3uvctrsd said:
ededwards":3uvctrsd said:
...although DSP may be leading at present with his "I only have a 2003 bike" schtick.

Have you not seen the latest Ed? I now have a couple of hand-built classics to choose from assuming I can get one of them ready in time.

A Swinnerton: --> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=239809
or a Mercian: --> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=239804

Apologies, my stalking skills obviously deserted me.

Both look very tidy and like they only need a clean and new cables to get up and running - absolutely no excuse to go with the 2003 bike now!

The main dilemma is whether to go with the standard chainset and gearing on the Swinnerton or the knee friendly Stronglight set up on the Mercian? Swinnerton FTW I reckon.

daj":1618uud5 said:
After a pretty terrible effort at riding through January I will officially be the Lanterne rouge feel free to heckle and push me along :LOL:

will the pushing be brought about by flabbiness or D2i issues?

grumpycommuter":5ip2amqf said:
daj":5ip2amqf said:

Thats it one big curly going in your woolly hat!!!!

daj":11cq98or said:
grumpycommuter":11cq98or said:
daj":11cq98or said:

Thats it one big curly going in your woolly hat!!!!

:facepalm:

I really hope its a curly fry you are talking about !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back