My Killer Bike...

Brad

BoTM Winner
Let's present you an other build...

How to describe this project...
From 1997 until 2002, I worked at Cannondale Europe Headquarters in Oldenzaal (Holland) and spent also few times in Basel (Switzerland).

One day, I was at the service department, and this frame hagging in the workshop. It was already few week I watched it...
I asked to my colleagues:
"Hey guys, what's wrong with it?"
- "Don't know"
"How come is it laying here? It looks new!"
- "Why are you interested in it?"
"Why not! what's the price"

Then I had a small discussion with the boss of the repair/service dept., we agreed in a good price, accountant did the invoice & I went home with the frame :mrgreen:

It was in 2000 or 2001... Only one problem, I had no fork for it, at least a matching one...

I've tried to sell it few times within the last 5/6 years, because too many bikes already and this one stayed in a box since I've got it...

Why did I buy this frame. I don't know, I love the design and geometry. I wasn't really enthusiat with the color neither. This color was originally done for the 1998's Team Headshok.
Once I even imagined repaint it in the classic Viper Red Volvo/Cannondale's colors and do a Myles Rockwell Slalom bike replica with an Headshok Moto :cool: :cool: :cool:

All this story for a frame getting dust and without fork!!! Damned!!!

But in the end of 2010, miracle rrived and as eBay is a good friend, I discovered the original fork NOS in Germany... No way, I couldn't buy it!!! And I did :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let's start the build then!!!

And please, don't complain about the brightness, it was inside :-? :-? :-?

To be continued! ;-) ;-) ;-)

I like that. I was always a fan of the Killer V because its so unique...that and I love Cannondales.

What are the plans for the rest of the build?

This is very awesome. Looking forward to seeing more!
Personally I like the colour very much :)

Mindmap3":1mp7ciu5 said:
What are the plans for the rest of the build?
A classic XC bike with few colored components to match the frame...

I'll post more pictures later...

Next...

As a Cannondale fan during the Big time... The Volvo/Cannondale's time, I decided to use Sachs components for the drive train...

My choice went for the Shimano DX brakeset in red. Again a kind of "color matching" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Well, if not satisfied, I'll go for Arch Supreme...

The saddle, an Italia Flite Kevlar.

Let's add some Coda grips in red... They are a bit too long. I need to find 2 sets of Onza Ules in red and yellow... :razz: :razz: :razz:

Coda Tarantula crankset + Look S2R pedals... Front Derailleur is a Sachs Quarz. I will add a Quarz rear derailleur, the chain, cables and it's done... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Here we are final built. These pics were done on the Febuary 16th of 2011. Just before and after a small bike ride of 36k...

img4179t.jpg

img4181y.jpg

First impression... very cool to ride with, everything work perfectly, the Sachs Quarz is excellent (but I knew it already :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ).

img4184b.jpg

img4183b.jpg

I rode it with IRC Notos in 1,7... even if it was hard to use them from a sticky mud and I really need to shorten the Coda grips.

img4185p.jpg

The shifters are too far, and I don't like it. It's necessary to find those Ules grips in red and yellow as I don't want to cut the Coda and get a half logo on the grips!

img4182so.jpg

Looking good. I used to love the old Sachs Wavey shifters.

Their chains were good too. Did Sram buy them out for the chain technologies (powerlinks etc)?

Back