Change of heart

Create piles
Pile A - Bikes you wish to keep
Pile B - Bikes you wish to sell

Pile A will eventually fill up
Pile B will remain empty.

The weekend, so I open the shed door in daylight and the folly of my bicycles faces me anew (note: to describe them as an eclectic collection is generous, grabbed together in a frenzy of "ooh, shiney" is more accurate). I need to approach the dilemma with a cold, bright heart - ones least ridden need to be the first out of the door which means that the cull should be, in order:

Master
XLM
Yo

But can I, will I.......

ededwards":1mk3pqcy said:
The weekend, so I open the shed door in daylight and the folly of my bicycles faces me anew (note: to describe them as an eclectic collection is generous, grabbed together in a frenzy of "ooh, shiney" is more accurate). I need to approach the dilemma with a cold, bright heart - ones least ridden need to be the first out of the door which means that the cull should be, in order:

Master
XLM
Yo

But can I, will I.......
It's more manly to get a bigger shed.

In fact - yes, I'm going to go there - it's even more zen. Yes, I get it, the cliche, is that getting rid of things you don't need would be more zen, but that's just the cliche. Trust me, bigger shed, more zen.

Neil":rizut9t6 said:
In fact - yes, I'm going to go there - it's even more zen. Yes, I get it, the cliche, is that getting rid of things you don't need would be more zen, but that's just the cliche. Trust me, bigger shed, more zen.

Ahh but a wise Zen Master once said "Never own anything you would not be happy to leave behind".

NeilM":3rs846r4 said:
Neil":3rs846r4 said:
Ahh but a wise Zen Master once said "Never own anything you would not be happy to leave behind".
Yebbut that's just Zen for Dummies.

I'm talking about advanced zen - you'll notice I haven't gone on to mention motorcycle mechanics, wasn't going to dive into that bastard-love-child.

I'm talking about the real zen-li-ness, that is the, if you will - zen-of-the-retrobike. And believe me, there's no fecking way that, advanced, guru-ish, zen-ness, has anything, whatsoever, not even on the 3rd Sunday of every month, to do with getting rid of bikes.

No sirree bob...

There, said it. Wasn't going to - didn't really want to have to - but I have done all the same.

Ahh, quite so.

I bow to your superior enlightenment.

So, where does a double garage figure on the BIG ZEN scale?

NeilM":14r7m8uo said:
Ahh, quite so.

I bow to your superior enlightenment.

So, where does a double garage figure on the BIG ZEN scale?
Feckin' out there, man - feckin' out there.

Back