Will World War 3 ever happen?

Bram J":1lv5q80z said:
highlandsflyer":1lv5q80z said:
We credit the human race with too little humanity, in my view.

The main reason there will be no global military conflict in the future is that the people will not allow it.

Whether we have come on as a species, or the ability to mass communicate now being de jure for so many means that underlying instincts and innate morality rules over the manipulations of the hierarchy I don't really know.

It does seem folks won't take that war shite any more laying down.

Your optimism is touching, and however much I'd like to agree, I think I can't.
We're a wicked breed if you ask me. Probably the most wicked species in the world. Our history has been marked with bloodshed and atrocities, why would our future look any different? Have we suddenly evolved? Is the average human being today any better than the average human being in the past? There will always be war, and if it ever comes to a world without war it will be a world without life or a world of complete opression and enslavement. :twisted:

i have to agree with highlandflyer people arnt taking shit anymore and standing up for themselves now that people have the power to be heard, people are far more aware today than they ever have been and we have evolved technically. anyone with a phone can film an event and send it round the world in seconds. the atrocities commitited in the past relyed on the power of a few over meny. it relyed on disinformation and propaganda.
war is praticed by a small minority of countries that find it profitable for there own means.

B77":3he01efj said:
highlandsflyer":3he01efj said:
The main reason there will be no global military conflict in the future is that the people will not allow it

What just like didn't allow the atrocities commited in Bosnia ( around 100,000 deaths) or the Reagan 'war on drugs' or when Saddam Hussein used chemical weapons to kill around 5000 of his own people Or now with Syria, Afghansitan, Somalia, the continuing Turkish oppression of the Kurds, or the constant persecution of the Roma people and the Isreali penchant for killing Palestinians ?

I don't see the people standing up and being counted.

Put one of those in a global context, in the context this thread is dealing with.

twain":15gwrjvp said:
Retro Cat":15gwrjvp said:
stevet1":15gwrjvp said:
Bram J":15gwrjvp said:
We're a wicked breed if you ask me. Probably the most wicked species in the world.
If cats had nukes then the world would last until the first cat jumped over a fence.

You've got to be kitten me

meow what is so funny about world war 3? stop making these heinous jokes right meow!

Sorry nobody's purrrrrrfect

lumos2000":2wj68uo7 said:
Bram J":2wj68uo7 said:
highlandsflyer":2wj68uo7 said:
We credit the human race with too little humanity, in my view.

The main reason there will be no global military conflict in the future is that the people will not allow it.

Whether we have come on as a species, or the ability to mass communicate now being de jure for so many means that underlying instincts and innate morality rules over the manipulations of the hierarchy I don't really know.

Your optimism is touching, and however much I'd like to agree, I think I can't.
We're a wicked breed if you ask me. Probably the most wicked species in the world. Our history has been marked with bloodshed and atrocities, why would our future look any different? Have we suddenly evolved? Is the average human being today any better than the average human being in the past? There will always be war, and if it ever comes to a world without war it will be a world without life or a world of complete opression and enslavement. :twisted:

i have to agree with highlandflyer people arnt taking shit anymore and standing up for themselves now that people have the power to be heard, people are far more aware today than they ever have been and we have evolved technically. anyone with a phone can film an event and send it round the world in seconds. the atrocities commitited in the past relyed on the power of a few over meny. it relyed on disinformation and propaganda.
war is praticed by a small minority of countries that find it profitable for there own means.

If 'propaganda' was no longer relevent to the way we live today the Sun newspaper would not have switched its allegiance to the Tory party, David Cameron wouldn't be timing British withdrawal from Afgan for just before the next General Election or offering a Referendum on the EU if the Tories are elected! :roll:

We live in a world of 'reality TV' which is about as far removed from reality as it is possible to get, where young girls would rather be a WAG than Jessica Ennis, and where a College is now offering a Foundation Course in how to apply to the X-Factor!

'Social Networking' has also given every 'social misfit' with the IQ of an amoeba the mistaken impression that their opinion is every bit as good, valid and relevent as anyone elses...

...we need another conventional war to rid half the world of its cannon-fodder populace, just like they used to!

A court order being produced forcing facebook to takedown the groups that are organising the trouble in northern ireland should put paid to any class action people may be trying to organise to stand up and be counted. Look at the middle east they kill the internet as soon as any trouble starts, that will happen here. You want to win? Take away the ability to communicate and crush the uprising. Electronic warfare is the future

Back