92 GT Bravado nearly finished (P4).

Tiny, Small, but nevertheless slightly exciting update :)

Found a half set of stickers from the last build so got them on during the week, half clearcoated the frame, clearcoated the forks and stem.

SAM_0498.jpg

Have this frame decal salvaged from the original strip down, unsure how to stick it on ?, Superglue ?

SAM_0499.jpg

Just waiting on the sticker set through the post to crack on with the build, though i only need the top tube decals now :roll:

Those bottle cage bolts will be getting replaced for blue anodised ones BTW :)

jimihendrix":wnltlwrw said:
Have this frame decal salvaged from the original strip down, unsure how to stick it on ?, Superglue ?

love the colour jimi, the blue decals look great with the yellow :)

interested to hear how you removed the true temper decal and kept it looking so good. were you using anything other than your finger nails?

and the method you decide to reapply with..

looking forward to dunkeld :cool:

Strangely i think that decal had came off and been refitted before, had some kind of double sided tape on the rear :?, came off easily with a new Stanley blade.

Did'nt fit it back on with the Rasta paint as i knew for certain i was going to be re-doing it.

May try double sided tape again and seal it with laquer, have the feeling Superglue may melt it.

jimihendrix":275twzsj said:
May try double sided tape again and seal it with laquer, have the feeling Superglue may melt it.
I agree. Superglue would be a bit much imo, there are plenty of good DS tapes out there. You could always helicopter-tape it on?

Thank you so must for restoring it to its natural colour, looks so much better now. This is one of my all time favorite bikes :cool:

Cheers guys ;) , still stuck waiting on the decals so i can finish clearcoating the frame and get it built up.

Hopefully be here by the weekend.

gm1230126":25ig62vr said:
Looking good!

If GM thinks it looks good, then it does.

It does look really nice though, the plain yellow does suit the steel GT's, although I'm a splatter/stripe person myself.

Sorry to those following this for the snails pace progress and lack of updates, stickers took ages to come through the post.

Got them last night though and finished clearcoating the frame thismorning :) , going to crack on with the rebuild over the weekend.

SAM_0508.jpg

SAM_0510.jpg

Back