Freehub Help Please

FINNEY1973

Senior Retro Guru
Morning all,

Picked up a set of wheels last night and need some extremely daft questions answering...

looking at the attached pictures...

Shimano Freehub?

Has an aluminium ring on the freehub - what's this for?

What specification cassette do I need?

Do I only need a cassette and lockring or is there anything else needed?

Wheels are Spinergy - what are the 4 holes for on the disc that circumnavigates the hub?

cheers all...and sorry about the poor photos, had to revert to an old camera as my phone has given up the ghost..

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 166
Is it a spacer that used to be between sprockets? Has some one broken up a cassette and used the spacer to fit a 7 speed cassette to an 8 speed freehub?

mattsccm":1crdb5mc said:
Is it a spacer that used to be between sprockets? Has some one broken up a cassette and used the spacer to fit a 7 speed cassette to an 8 speed freehub?

Good shout - Very possible, spacer (if it is one) has four holes in it set at 90 degrees apart?

Lad I purchased from also bought them second hand but never used them so hence why i'm a bit vague on what i've actually bought

:oops:

Have looked on www (i'm ignoring the scare stories about these wheels exploding) and the 1st gen Rev X wheels utilised Ultegra 6402 freehub bodies. This is my first proper foray into the Shimano world and would like an 8 speed set up - preferably dura ace.

Any specific models I need to look out for that will do the job?

Back