New Star Wars

Kona lover

Retro Guru
J J Abrams is the director for the new Star Wars film.
I enjoyed the Star Trek film he did and Lost, just hoping Jar Jar isn't in it.
As a 5 year old when a New hope came out, these films played a huge part of my childhood - I'm guessing a lot of us on here grew up with this franchise.

Any thoughts?

I think they should have left it at the 3 original (IV,V,VI) films, the 3 more recent prequels were ok but not as good as the originals imo.
I can't help but feel that more films will only serve to devalue the "franchise" (I hate that term ), but perhpas I have my rose-tinted spectacles on here, no doubt more Star Wars films will pull in the crowds and make money for the studios.

Maybe Jar Jar could get his own line of films? but for gods sake don't mention that god-awful "Ewok Adventure" movie...terrible...

7, 8, 9, according to the comics lean more towards bobba fett as he diddnt die in the pit of sarlac but ive never heard the original radio versions for which they were originally written

yeah I have an interview in "bantha tracks" with lucas that says there are 12 movies, but really only 9 in the series are much to do with the original story line...of course that was in 1980...

Whe

I feel fairly ambivilent to this. Ill watch them if they are presented to me but shan't rush to le cinema for the viewing of. But I don't thi I these can be any worse than 4-6's re-editing (WTF CGI!) or 1-3's pay for the divorce/mortgage leanings.

Episode 4 meant a lot to me as it was my first ever cinema experience but what I saw when I bought it on bluray for my kids broke my heart.

I bought the original films with an extra disk, that had the version as it was released in the cinema as well as the re-mastered films. I've never bothered to watch the re-mastered ones.

Not too sure about any new films, as I think they might well not be up to much.

jimo746":2qeotjnr said:
I think they should have left it at the 3 original (IV,V,VI)

spot on.

jimo746":2qeotjnr said:
the 3 more recent prequels were

An utter cash in for da wonga! (IMHO!) oh and as much flipping cgi as you could throw in too.

Back