1992 Zaskar

merckx":3cpy2s33 said:
jimihendrix":3cpy2s33 said:
Very BIG but Very nice :)

yeah the 20" zaskars always look visually massive. it is a huge difference between the 19" frame and the 20

Most look big to me as i ride a wee 16" :LOL:

bigtyres2.jpg

16's look the coolest! alas i am quite tall... :LOL:

nice looking rig jimi. those handlebars are very moto :D

merckx":2000iv5b said:

Cheers man ;) , flats would look better but my back and shoulders would disagree :)

You have probably noticed, my frame's a 94 but with earlier decals as the big ZASKAR on the downtube rocks :cool:

merckx":ae64nvjx said:
13":ae64nvjx said:
Yea good idea could even swap out the bravado frame as I have a 93 (94 issue?) 20" LE I'll send up too, may be able to build up with the parts from your 95?

man you have collected some stuff :LOL:

Too much :LOL: need a clean out :shock:

jimihendrix":ae64nvjx said:
the big ZASKAR on the downtube rocks

2nd that^ liked it when gt pushed the names of their bikes over the branding, quite the opposite every other bike brand

jimihendrix":11jfdaxo said:
merckx":11jfdaxo said:

Cheers man ;) , flats would look better but my back and shoulders would disagree :)

You have probably noticed, my frame's a 94 but with earlier decals as the big ZASKAR on the downtube rocks :cool:

riser bars with sweep make the bike fun to ride and handle well too. yes, i agree, the big down tube zaskar is their best looking graphic. it looks heaps better than the "All Terra" downtube decals.

i took the bike out for its first ride on the dirt today, it was fantastic. for a large bike, it is amazing stiff and direct.

i have now flipped the stem though, it felt a bit high when climbing in the upright position.

I think its quite nicely proportioned actually for a 20" bike.

You know, I grew up with the Eddie Roman videos and started taking notice of mountain bikes smack in the 'All Terra' era, and I actually prefer it over the earlier and later liveries. However I do get that the big model name decals are pretty iconic.

so i took it for a ride in the bush today, what a hoot. needed to flip the stem though to get the weight over the front end climbing the steep stuff.

its two extremes though, very high bars, or very low (slammed) :LOL:

it certainly has a more aggressive stance being flipped, and visually lowers the proportions of the thing.

it has 180mm cranks on it, i have only ever ridden 175's (20yrs or so) The 180's are really quite hard to turn over, cadence is slower for sure. i wasn't expecting it to be so noticeable

26012013685_zpsedd2024a.jpg

out on the trails this arvo. brisbane is flooding today, so may as well go for a pedal in the bush. its typically very dry at gap creek, so to see streams running, is quite unusual.

58AFB760-BB17-448A-BE70-EC8D219CF15E-3923-000005563FD9505C.jpg

8FBD96E6-C123-49C6-9E33-6A5554CA046B-3923-000005564CBE0A4B.jpg

goretro77":3g8zeheo said:
what a great looking bike! Like it a lot!

thanks, yeah i am having fun riding it, that's for sure. brings back the memories of the good o' days every time i pedal it

:mrgreen:

Back