Frankenbike

zigzag":fsaafll7 said:
This is going to be good! Pinstripe and/or some sort of stars n stripes thing happening? :D

Er ?..................Might not be quite that intricate or thought out :LOL:

kaiser":1h1q61bq said:
Midnight splatter/drippy? Early Kona stylee?

You know the 91 GT colour Midnight Aurora ?,

well nothing like that :)

Was meant to be (started it thisafternoon), but has turned out nothing like it IMO, should look ok (ish) when done but not what i imagined :roll:

Will post pics of the carnage tomorrow :)

So here's the paintjob, like i said was inspired by GT Midnight Aurora, was disapointed at first but did a bit more last night (around Midnight funny enough :LOL: ) and i recon it looks no bad, may do a wee bit more still before i laquer it, needs a bit more on the headtube.

SAM_0505.jpg

Will make a start on the forks later, doing them to match, undecided at the moment if i'll do the bars to match.

Modified cable guides show in this pic, basically cut them in half and drilled for tiny cable ties.

SAM_0506.jpg

any up to date pics jimi, was a bit underwhelmed at first but bet it will look great complete and with a nice shine on it.

clockworkgazz":2016143t said:
any up to date pics jimi, was a bit underwhelmed at first but bet it will look great complete and with a nice shine on it.

Nothing yet Gazz, have changed it a bit and added some gold through it, looks a bit better, should come to life a bit when i laquer it.

Be a wee while before it's riding though, got the stickers through for the Bravado so going to be getting on with that over the weekend, need to get wheels built for Frankenbike also the A-Z plate for the rear, strapped for cash the noo :roll:

Decided to strip and sell off the DH8 though.

Back