Jees, started as a drip

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
And now the kitchen ceiling is on the floor and so is a river of water :shock:

Thank god we rent people are on there way, swimming in the kitchen though, what do you do if you own. :?: :?: :?:

Alison

If you see a leak in the ceiling best thing to do is poke a hole with a broom. Hopefully that way the ceiling will stay up.
My shower hose split sending water through the lighting rose. We had been out and just as I ran in with a broom the ceiling came down onto our dining table. My wife was stood in the doorway and did get a fright another second and it would have landed on her. :LOL:

But that's why we have insurance.

If you aren't DIY minded all you can ever do is turn of the central heating, then the mains stopcock and then turn on all the taps. After that its down to the repair folks, but at least you know you've done what you can.

gavinda":iv6uy814 said:
If you aren't DIY minded all you can ever do is turn of the central heating, then the mains stopcock and then turn on all the taps. After that its down to the repair folks, but at least you know you've done what you can.

Turned off the water so no toilet, hope non of us need a poo

Alison

Just turn it on long enough to fill the cisterns. Are you on mains pressure everywhere or have you got a tank in the loft?

Isaac_AG":3lfn7eiy said:
gavinda":3lfn7eiy said:

Turned off the water so no toilet, hope non of us need a poo

Alison

if you have an outside tap that is not isolated with the house, fill up a bucket and flush the toilet with that

We dug up the floor of the cellar to fit a new drainage system and found out that the problem was outside the walls of the house.

:oops:

We are Vaxing up the water, We'll have to wait till tomorrow. Water on the keyboard

Alison

I'm sure you neighbours can give you some buckets of water - you don't need the cistern working to flush your business away if you see what I mean, just chuck some water down behind it!

We narrowly escaped the same fate a few months ago with our kitchen ceiling, I feel for you...

Latest posts

Back