Wheel choice for an 80's Colnago Mexico build - Help needed

Re: C record

bikenut2010":3c8q1w77 said:
You can find a lot of nice C record era components without getting robbed for deltas; Athena or Chorus are excellent choices also...

The missus has a lovely Chorus group on this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51987088@N ... 626193983/

I replaced the campag brake levers with Shimano as they are easier to get a grip and feel for small hands.
:)

Yeah, I agree, in fact, weren't the 2nd gen SR calipers part of the Record group during before or after the Deltas?

Athena and Chorus calipers are things of beauty.

I like the mix on your partner's Master, Chorus rear, Record crank & NR calipers though the Shimano levers do tend to stand out. Weren't the Corsa levers a better choice for the smaller mitts?

Re: C record

agentorange":33o5gpwm said:
bikenut2010":33o5gpwm said:
You can find a lot of nice C record era components without getting robbed for deltas; Athena or Chorus are excellent choices also...

The missus has a lovely Chorus group on this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51987088@N ... 626193983/

I replaced the campag brake levers with Shimano as they are easier to get a grip and feel for small hands.
:)

Yeah, I agree, in fact, weren't the 2nd gen SR calipers part of the Record group during before or after the Deltas?

Athena and Chorus calipers are things of beauty.

I like the mix on your partner's Master, Chorus rear, Record crank & NR calipers though the Shimano levers do tend to stand out. Weren't the Corsa levers a better choice for the smaller mitts?
even I struggled with the levers! cranks are lovely 165 mm, 50/39

Re: Wheel choice for an 80's Colnago Mexico build - Help nee

If I remember correctly, the red labels didn't go out until the mid 80s, and the new style labels came in from the mid 80s on. So I don't think the current red labels would look out of place. Indeed, I think they would match the Super Record kit better than the newer ones.

Back