1989 Orange Formula - pic update

sinnerman":p201undq said:
NeilM":p201undq said:
Very nice... and now the ones with it all covered in mud and slush :twisted:

Agreed.

In fact, i would like to see the Prestige and the Formula together, a snow pic would really show off the paint too.

And Actual ride pics would be great rather than just placing it in the snow....!

A Challange for you perhaps..... :LOL:

:LOL: They'll have to wait to the next ride - it was flipping baltic up there so lost enthusiasm for pics once I'd left the car also I was on borrowed time as the Mrs was at home with the norovirus and a 2 year old :LOL:

I'll get a pic with the prestige as a comparison.

sinnerman":p201undq said:
Im unsure without the use of Neon paint how it could be the same.

:?: it is neon paint! ;) The original paint on the Formula paint was different to both my clockwork and my prestige - the pearl/neon was a Donohue thing.

brocklanders023":p201undq said:
Looks superb in the snow mate, the orange burns the screen on my laptop!

How much did you swear when you chipped the paint at the top of the seat tube though?

X2 for a pic of this and your Prestige together. You need to get on with the possible proto Clockwork now to make the full house. :cool:

Yes - I drew a blank with Orange on the Clockwork :? it has seized seatpost, BB and stem though and has soaked up a can of plus gas over the months I've had it!!

I swore lots when I did that chip!! Even more annoying it was a bracket that I have to stop the bars swinging round when its on the work stand :twisted: oh well there is allways a first chip on new paint, just like braking for the first time on those NOS rims!

Rick Draper":p201undq said:
A real phoenix that has risen from the ashes. Its a credit to you, looks stunning.

Thanks Rick :D

brocklanders023":2jzc5e4y said:
But the Prestige is just about the best original one I've seen and bet it's not seen much sun in it's life time. I keep pestering Adrian to let me have it but he has not cracked.... Yet! :roll: :LOL:

Perhaps you are right Brocks. Here are both bikes in the snow.

Attachments

• ORANGE REPAINT.jpg
    ORANGE REPAINT.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 677
  • NEON ORANGE.jpg
    NEON ORANGE.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 677
[/quote]:?: it is neon paint! ;) The original paint on the Formula paint was different to both my clockwork and my prestige - the pearl/neon was a Donohue thing.
[/quote]

Rubbish.

And you yourself said it was Fluro with pearl. If thats Neon im a monkeys Uncle.

As i say mate, its Apples and Oranges, as long as you are happy with it.

sinnerman":1j67t6pf said:
nevadasmith":1j67t6pf said:
:?: it is neon paint! ;) The original paint on the Formula paint was different to both my clockwork and my prestige - the pearl/neon was a Donohue thing.

Rubbish.

And you yourself said it was Fluro with pearl. If thats Neon im a monkeys Uncle.

Neon ......Flouro....... Luminous all the same in my book - bright - :LOL: It's not a Apple though ;)

Seeing that pic of the Prestige has made me want to go and get it out of storage, theres a job for tomorrow :D

nevadasmith":56bq24mu said:
sinnerman":56bq24mu said:
nevadasmith":56bq24mu said:

Rubbish.

Neon ......Flouro....... Luminous all the same in my book - bright - :LOL: It's not a Apple though ;)

Seeing that pic of the Prestige has made me want to go and get it out of storage, theres a job for tomorrow :D

Sadly in this case mate they arent the same unfortunately.

But it seems the accuracy of the paint and decals doesnt matter to anybody but me anyway, so it wont affect your impending BOTM entry.... ;)

And regardless of whether or not the paint and decals are correct or not, YOU saved a rare bike from the scrap heap so will get my vote...... :cool:

And yes you should have got the the Prestige shown above out of Storage...... ;)

My favourite bike on here!! :D :cool:

Are you tempted to get a 'Formula' TT decal made a la Graham Longstaff's bike?

Back