Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

dkdaz":35mo687g said:
nice job so far.

i was the same back then, reading the marin catalogue for what seemed like hours, wishing i could afford a team.

I ended up with an eldridge though. still a great bike :D

I ended up with a Muirwoods! I would have loved an Eldridge but my Saturday job at the time got me about £14 for an 8 hour day! I remember having the Muirwoods picture on my wall and I coloured the rims black as that was how I wanted it. When I went to order it I asked about getting it with black rims and was told it would be another £50 minimum! As that was about a months wages for me I back then I stuck with the original spec!...now over 20 years later I can say f**k yeah black rims I'll have them...oh and black cantis? Bring it on!...etc etc (just a shame I don't have the time or fitness that I had at 16!)

The crankset and saddle arrived today and I couldn't resist bolting them on right away! Loving it!

Attachments

• new cranks and flite.jpg
    new cranks and flite.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 423
  • new flite 1.jpg
    new flite 1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 423
  • new crankset 1.jpg
    new crankset 1.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 423
Chainset looks better than I expected... You'd hope so at the cost :shock: Looks like steel rings?

lrh":1av8rqkx said:
Chainset looks better than I expected... You'd hope so at the cost :shock: Looks like steel rings?

Like the "better than expected" comment! :LOL: Think they are steel rings why do you ask? Not SG-X just SG rings, I thought they were all steel?

:LOL: I wasn't sure about the silver-on-black combo but it works well on a black frame with those shiny steel rings :cool:

Most Shimano rings from that era were alloy... Light but very soft and don't last long.

It's still missing something though... Oh yeah, some freshly painted forks, stem and bars ;)

lrh":9yqnzvjg said:
:LOL: I wasn't sure about the silver-on-black combo but it works well on a black frame with those shiny steel rings :cool:

Most Shimano rings from that era were alloy... Light but very soft and don't last long.

It's still missing something though... Oh yeah, some freshly painted forks, stem and bars ;)

Yeah I like the silver black combo makes me think of nice Cooks Bros or similar. I just checked and they are steel as were the set they replaced. and very shiny! As for the forks stem and bars they are a work in progress Marc is going to some sterling efforts to get them sorted for me. But hopefully soon the bike will be "as one" again!

the missing bits are with me, my part of the uk anyway ;)

the forks came up something like good. the bars and stem went back for a re-do due to contamination in the finish(a rare fault for this company). pink isn't a favourite in powdercoat, application-wise but the colour is deep and a durable finish is pretty much guaranteed.

not long now guys. ;)

show us your leg....

PICT0041-4.jpg

pretty in pink...

PICT0038-5.jpg

:cool:

Looking great Wook!

Those rings are ally (46 and 36) and steel on the 24 - just like they should be :cool:

Latest posts

Back