Silverfish 1992 Yeti ARC

Silverfish":1rvdroen said:
7401 chain was here when I got home so can finish the ARC tomorrow :D

Apologies it's taken so long!

is the climax of a great project, difficulty, bike and especially long wearing a work of this caliber.

We tuned!

I still think it's too much... here is my latest similar attempt in progress. Tension Disk in the works along with 3DV controls, otherwise that's it.

DSC_0826.jpg

precious, so similar and yet so different.
in my head is a mounting which is a mixture of both.
going to be a long job, I only missing two key pieces but take in out ..

mkozaczek":3glrvhup said:
I still think it's too much... here is my latest similar attempt in progress. Tension Disk in the works along with 3DV controls, otherwise that's it.

DSC_0826.jpg

Is the 3dv on this actually that much different, all i can see is chainrings and stem... :?

sinnerman":2wnr5xj8 said:
Is the 3dv on this actually that much different, all i can see is chainrings and stem... :?

First of all, check your prescription :)

Chainrings, stem, bar, fork brace, chainring bolts, crank bolt, derailleur bolt, derailleur pulleys, housing ferrules and last but not least water bottle bolts

Second of all, the difference (IMO) between too much and just right can be as little as one or two parts...

mkozaczek":33l6ivym said:
sinnerman":33l6ivym said:

First of all, check your prescription :)

Chainrings, stem, bar, fork brace, chainring bolts, crank bolt, derailleur bolt, derailleur pulleys, housing ferrules and last but not least water bottle bolts

Second of all, the difference (IMO) between too much and just right can be as little as one or two parts...

Gotta Go to SpecSavers........PMSL.

Whatever you say BOSS!

I think you are Nit Picking myself.

Well here goes :D

This certainly isn't going to be to everyone's tastes, but I think it has worked out very well indeed. I'm super pleased with it. I don't feel that I went overboard with it, I could have been a little more subtle yes, but that wasn't really the point, there are a lot of Turquoise/Grey ARC's out there done with subtle accents - I wanted an early ARC build that was true to its early 90s heritage.

As most you guys will remember , the early 90's UK MTB market went purple crazy - everything was anodised purple - which is why why there is so much of that stuff available over here, and so little red, turquoise and black :oops:

Anyway I have jut finished it, I will have to take some proper pics next week, plus the final build spec. I switched the Avocet out for a Flite cos it just looked better, and specced my favourite 90s Oury grips

Here are a few tasters...

Enjoy :D

Attachments

• 5ARC.JPG
    5ARC.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 558
  • 4ARC.JPG
    4ARC.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 558
  • 3ARC.JPG
    3ARC.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 558