1989 Orange Formula - pic update

NeilM":1yy1rnwq said:
Nice pictures.

Glad to see you're getting out and about on it. :cool:

Yes just a short ride to shake down any problems before Dave's cotswolds ride in Feb - you coming?

sylus":1yy1rnwq said:
I have to say that is such a fine bike that bike of the year should have had you in that contest

Thanks but thats not very democratic!!

sinnerman":1yy1rnwq said:
Adrian.

The pics are cool, the build is perfect, as are the repairs, and although you might not like me saying it, i just wish you had used NEON for the paint.
The pearl is lovely but it just looks wrong to me.

With that said, its a personal point, and is still a gorgeous bike.

Good pics..! Any actual riding pics?

How are you getting on with the length of that lush stem..?

You'll have to see it in the flesh Carl - it is more neon than my Prestige - the pearl just adds a bit of a shimmer and is how they were originally painted :cool:

Was just on my own so no riding pics - will get some on the cotswolds ride in a week or so. The stem is fine - it was on the bridleways anyway!

nevadasmith":2e79kvfy said:
NeilM":2e79kvfy said:
Nice pictures.

Yes just a short ride to shake down any problems before Dave's cotswolds ride in Feb - you coming?

sylus":2e79kvfy said:
I have to say that is such a fine bike that bike of the year should have had you in that contest

Thanks but thats not very democratic!!

sinnerman":2e79kvfy said:
Adrian.

The pics are cool, the build is perfect, as are the repairs, and although you might not like me saying it, i just wish you had used NEON for the paint.
The pearl is lovely but it just looks wrong to me.

With that said, its a personal point, and is still a gorgeous bike.

Good pics..! Any actual riding pics?

How are you getting on with the length of that lush stem..?

You'll have to see it in the flesh Carl - it is more neon than my Prestige - the pearl just adds a bit of a shimmer and is how they were originally painted

Im sorry bud, in think i will have to see it sometime, because it looks totally different to the two originals i have seen.

Im unsure without the use of Neon paint how it could be the same.

but it matters not, as long as you are happy with it... :cool:

NeilM":1w74g23p said:
Very nice... and now the ones with it all covered in mud and slush :twisted:

Agreed.

In fact, i would like to see the Prestige and the Formula together, a snow pic would really show off the paint too.

And Actual ride pics would be great rather than just placing it in the snow....!

A Challange for you perhaps..... :LOL:

nevadasmith":1rsz6cgp said:
NeilM":1rsz6cgp said:
Nice pictures.

Just been and looked at the date.

I'll check with SWMBFAO and let Daj know, it could be a decent try out for the DB ;)

Looks superb in the snow mate, the orange burns the screen on my laptop!

How much did you swear when you chipped the paint at the top of the seat tube though?

X2 for a pic of this and your Prestige together. You need to get on with the possible proto Clockwork now to make the full house. :cool:

But to be Fair Adrian, Your Orange Presige wouldnt look as bright anyway, as i believe its original NEON, thats got what, nearly 20 years of sun fade..... :?

I would hope the New paint on the formula, With all the laquer, it would look just as bright.

But the Prestige is just about the best original one I've seen and bet it's not seen much sun in it's life time. I keep pestering Adrian to let me have it but he has not cracked.... Yet! :roll: :LOL:

Back