WANTED!! 22mm Hayes caliper( may be sorted? )

toomanyframes

Retrobike Rider
Claud Butler Fan
Feedback
View
Title says it all really, have an old schwinn rocket that is in need of the early style 22mm caliper....
Please reply here or pm me.
Cheers :D
Rich.

toomanyframes, If one of the Hope 22mm mounts mentioned in the linke thread can be of use to you please send me a PM so I can help you out. I've got 3 or 4 other retrobike members who are also after one. You may have to be patient with me though, my contact who manufactured some copies made a first batch which unfortunately had a small measurement error, since this time though he's had a nasty accident and isn't at work at present to do a corrected batch. As and when he does return though I'll happily be in touch with details.

And yes Tony, your % cut is still up for negotiation mate! ;)

retrocomeback":1pxxovkl said:
toomanyframes, If one of the Hope 22mm mounts mentioned in the linke thread can be of use to you please send me a PM so I can help you out. I've got 3 or 4 other retrobike members who are also after one. You may have to be patient with me though, my contact who manufactured some copies made a first batch which unfortunately had a small measurement error, since this time though he's had a nasty accident and isn't at work at present to do a corrected batch. As and when he does return though I'll happily be in touch with details.

And yes Tony, your % cut is still up for negotiation mate! ;)
I think the frame had a hope mount already fitted, I'll try and get a pic up at some point,it may even be of some use to you.( the mount,not the pic :LOL: )

toomanyframes":223zs1ue said:
I think the frame had a hope mount already fitted, I'll try and get a pic up at some point,it may even be of some use to you.( the mount,not the pic :LOL: )

Sounds good mate, I've gotta trawl through a load of old PM's on here and elsewhere but I'm sure someone offered me a Hayes 22mm caliper in the last 6 months or so. I'll see if I can find out who it was and then put you in touch with them

Right here goes....
A41C4784-FC65-4FD8-B3AC-9C7C55515DFF-411-00000031CF4850C3.jpg

6EF3334F-4818-4043-AB21-37A3478D1C4C-411-00000031D8823597.jpg

CD72A452-113C-4314-984F-1D145CD25E87-411-00000031C57BB601.jpg

I think hope mounts are marked with a part number whereas this isn't.

Yep, that's the Hope HBRM165H mount, the early ones weren't marked. They later started printing the model no on the flat horizontal part. Do you not just want an old a Hope C2 No 1 caliper so you can utilise this yourself?

Back