My Diamondback: Update 27Feb '14

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
some have you have probably seen this popping up on the forum before, after all it is probably my longest lasting bike. it was originally my dads in the 90's, though ive been using it for the last 7 years or so. its been crashed, its been stolen/ recovered, used in all british weather conditions and had numerous parts replaced as they've worn out but it has never let me down. i had the wheels stolen 2 years ago so ive recently rebuilt the bike using the Hope TiGlide/Mavic Wheels from my santa cruz

pic :cool:

That looks sweet :) I am ashamed to admit to being a bit of a "bike snob "in the 80s/90s when i was riding a lot and not really looking at bikes from dbr or saracen etc :oops: but coming back to it now they are just the ones im most interested in ! i missed out on some cracking bikes so wont be making the same mistake lol !

that's a 93 Sorrento isn't it? Guess you've upgraded it all from the Altus C10 and 20 it came with. I did something similar with my 92 Topanga BITD :D

It is a sorrento, I'm assuming its a '93 as I've never seen another one like it and every other ealy 90s sorrento I've seen has a 1" headtube. I have changed almost every part on the bike except a few altus and avenir parts that are original. It does ride very nicely :)

Cheers, Sean

Update: 27th Feb

following a small crash the other night, one of the brake mounts on the sorrento's fork has sheered off. ive tried to remove the fork but the headset seems to be rusted onto the fork steerer and despite putting all my weight into it, the locknut wont budge. im going to take it to the Bristol-bike-project tonight and attempt to remove it in the workshop vice.... Hopefully this isnt the death of the sorrento :LOL:

Attachments

• 93DBS.jpg
    93DBS.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1,683
Shame, dont bin the forks though, you might happen accross someone that can replace the canti boss & the frame will still have its birth partner.

Diamond Back were very good at trickling down higher end frames into lower models the following year. Is this frame True Temper AVR? In which case its an identical frame to a 92 Apex. It certainly has the same frame geometry & cable routing as the higher end 92 bikes.

Latest posts

Back