cotic soul 75.5mm

Great apart from the saddle...I got rid of my brown spoon as well as it looked crap!

Zombie thread. :)

After buying the yeti :- http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 94&start=0 I had all but stopped riding the Cotic so it was sold to a friend at the end of the summer last. He's no longer much of a cyclist and was just using it to commute to work. I think the only off-roading it saw was the boxing day bike ride that ededwards and winky84 enjoyed too. He hadn't payed for it in full, to be honest he hadn't made much of a dent in the payments. So when he lost his rag the other day after crashing it and breaking a few spokes he declared he didn't want it any more.

To be honest, I kind if regretted selling it as it makes such a good winter bike, the clearances are amazing and the standover is so much better than a 29er.

Cheers!

Spent the afternoon fixing various ills, two spokes in the rear wheel, one in the front. New gear cable after straightening the rear dropout. Could do with a new rear mech but it'll do for now. He has broken the pushloc lever, but I can live without that for a while.

Just ridden the thing the long way home to check the position of the saddle, and I have to say I'm in love again. :)

No pics, but I promise to take some tomorrow. Medium size ride planned for first thing in the morning. :)

Must update my sig......

Pics as promised.

A50EA310-1912-48A2-9A4E-E7EF37C29C3E-11340-00000B9AC8E6BD54.jpg

E2DFB273-5737-4CAD-8831-B20BA1EA0961-11340-00000B9AD85ECFA8.jpg

524ABAF8-C19B-485F-823D-5A4291F7B5C5-11340-00000B9AE5909BF6.jpg

Biggest ant hill in the woods, all quiet this time of year. Bike was faultless, feels a bit wierd ring a 26 agin, got used to it pretty quick tho.

:)

snow!

DSC_0091_zps7b15a1e5.jpg

_DSC0059_zpsb45cec70.jpg

DSC_0035_zps783065f5.jpg

DSC_0044_zps02e8f66e.jpg

i have been riding it all weekend, its so much easier to get around in this weather on the pushbike, and more fun. :)

very cool indeed! did you gte the stickers direct from cotic and what did they charge you? I have a BFe and may get it re-painted in years to come.... just seeing what the options are with stickers :cool:

Cheers. Decal set from Cotic, it was £20. I have bought two sets from them in the past, both times they didn't have the '853' decal which was annoying.

In other news the bike is now stripped as I have bought a new(old) frame. I will transfer all the bits back to the Cotic as I replace them on he new bike. I will start a new thread for the new frame later this evening.

:)

Oh, bugger. Just reading through an old thread, noticed a link to my Yeti, then from that to this. Turns out I didn't round this one up.

I was running the bike with 8 speed, by using 9 speed shifters and mech but omitting the 11t cog, and adding a bigger 12t lock ring from probolt. I had to add a bottom bracket spacer to take up the slack, this went on before the cassette. I was using a sram 990 cassette, a red one I think. Then with careful setup of the end stops and the shifter, you would never notice the loss of one gear at the back. The reason I did this was because I like to use the big ring most often on the front, and by having a smaller cassette biased over to the right of the rear wheel the whole lot used to work better.

TBH, 10 speed chains seem to render this setup pointless, as the spread offered is better, so I cross the chain less often.

To round off this thread, after servicing the bike after the worst of the winter, the Cotic was sold last year to a second friend. He just happened to see it as I was adding new cables and oiling the chain and it looked fantastic, all polished and shiny. He loves it, but rarely rides it. :/

So is there a new(old) bike/project?
I do enjoy your threads/builds. :)

I lost interest in my Bfe, but I've swapped some heavy bits off, its rebuilt and looks like new but I'm past my best this year and now it's Autumn! You're right though Loads of clearance! Starting to wonder if I should have built a soul instead or whentehr to keep big forks and buy new brand frame... :D

Back