Only one bike? What type? Which one?

Ooo, interesting. I can't comment about the two newest arrivals to the fleet as they've not been ridden yet ( Cotic BFE and a Spesh Allez Sport ).

1. I'd keep the SX Trail. It's the bike that I use the most as its so versatile, it's heavy but I can still do long rides on it whilst its also happy to have the saddle dropped and launched off drops.

2. Not sure what I'd replace it with...money no object then a pimped out Intense Tracer (26 inch). In reality it would be something like a Canyon AM or YT AM style bike. Or if I went second hand, a Blur 4X. I want one so bad but they go for such silly money I can't bring myself to buy one.

3. Would be the SX again.

Can I add a fourth question?

4. Which bike do you wish that you'd never sold?

Easy, my 2007 Santa Cruz Chameleon with Pike 454 Airs, Saint brakes, Hope Hubs, X9 bits etc. Such a great bike. It did long rides, DH runs in the local woods, trail centres.

reanimation":3azq13hs said:
I

1. If you had to survive with just one bike doing everything you like to use a bike for which one of your current collection would it be?
Cannondale Scalpel - full sus at hardtail weight

2. If you ended up with NO bike again (theft/fire/bankruptcy/bad poker session) what one bike would you buy.
Cannondale Scalpel 29er - be a good reason to jump on to the 29er wagon

3. Finally, regardless of practicality, which one would you not be able to let go of?
either proflex XP8 as this was the first really expensivbe bike i bought new or specialized epic comp for the nice black/red/white colour scheme

4. No real regrets here. I had a self made Orange Prestige BITD, but as nice as it would be to still have that a replica is still poss. If anything the cheap bikes that are now worth summat. Moulton thing in blue, Ammaco BMX freestyle I had when I got back ino BMX, and the old stuff, Falcon pro, mk1 Mustang and my first no brand BMX, grifters!

zetecmk2":7s4ufjgr said:
a 96 zaskar and 2 sets of wheels/forks....end!!!

Nice answer. Really just a Zaskar? I've yet to try out a classic Zaskar, it's still just about on my list, though it looks like I'll restore my Avalanche first!

Good to see the theme of swap out components, probably one of the reasons we love fiddling with bikes!

Brilliant answers. Sort of how I expected but love seeing peoples personal choices.

I'd looked at this as if that bike I had to occasionally commute on or hit the road, which is fine as I've seen guys round here off to work on their full sussers, proper things too not BSO's!

I chose the Day One as It's dead light and can do everything but moves so easily and is springy and playful, but it could easily be my Cotic Bfe, though if I only had one I'd size up and lighten it up and get a Soul or maybe a 29er/650b

It is right, if you had one bike, maybe due to space or money or rules, it totally would be 'Go go Gadget' Bike, loads of swap out bits. One frame, 2 sets of wheels, 2 sets of forks, other bits n pieces. That works great. To totally blow it you could actually have a spare frame ;) but that ruins the exercise slightly, and is how we got in trouble in the first place! :LOL:

Back