2011 Lapierre Spicy 516

Tom79

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So in amongst my sourcing of retro NOS kit and hours spent searching the forum for parts, I do use this bike for more challenging terrain.

It climbs well for a 160mm travel bike and just ate the trail centres in Wales for breakfast (well, the downhill bits anyway :D ).

It's pretty standard apart from the 1x9 set up with e13 ring and chain guide, plus the Reverb post.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 942
Looks awesome, might get one of these in ten years when I can afford the second hand price :LOL:

Always well received, not seen one in the flesh yet though!

I honestly think the 2010 and 2011 models were the peak, they are still brilliant but other bikes are catching up I think....you don't see many on the trails though.

The suspension linkage makes it great under hard pedalling and there is very little bob, for what is a big-ish travel bike.

SLX groupset is hard as nails as well!

That's lovely...one of the few bikes I'd change my trusty SX Trail for.

I've watched a few on eBay but hey go for a lot more than I'm willing to pay. I see quite a few Zesty's about up at Cannock.

Mindmap3":28nrfqwg said:

I've watched a few on eBay but hey go for a lot more than I'm willing to pay. I see quite a few Zesty's about up at Cannock.

Cheers, yeah the Zesty is very popular at trail centres, 140mm is just about perfect. I went for the longer travel as I only really enjoy the downhills and happy to slowly grind my way up and across anything with a slight incline.

When I say happy, I mean red faced and breathing out of my @rse...

Tom79":k7bbuzwi said:
Mindmap3":k7bbuzwi said:

Cheers, yeah the Zesty is very popular at trail centres, 140mm is just about perfect. I went for the longer travel as I only really enjoy the downhills and happy to slowly grind my way up and across anything with a slight incline.

When I say happy, I mean red faced and breathing out of my @rse...[/quote

Same here...I'd probably be better off on a lighter, shorter travel bike than the SX, but it is so good on the fun bits I'm happy to lug it around.

Latest posts

Back