Two New Projects -- 87 MB-2 and 87 Black Chrome High Sierra

RFC

Dirt Disciple
I picked up a couple of interesting candidates last night -- 1987 Bridgestone MB-2 and 1987 Black Chrome Schwinn High Sierra, both in their natural dirty state.

And now the self-imposed obsession with how to build them up, where your advice will be most appreciated.

The MB-2 is in great shape and all stock except, unfortunately, for the yellow stem and bar. I am thinking about playing up the almost Jamaican national team color scheme. And, because it does not have the original stem, I think it's going to become a hot little drop bar allarounder.

The High Sierra is interesting and I would like to save the black paint, although, in spots, its in bad shape. Is it possible to touch up the black on chrome? If not, how would this bike look all chrome?

I've been looking for a good SS MTB frame and the High Sierra is it. I'm leaning towards something like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenkely/3827391349/lightbox/

Thanks all. I look forward to your thoughts and opinions.

IMG_0072-2.jpg

IMG_0076-1.jpg

IMG_0069-1.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

Now these I like. It's nice to see these obviously used and somewhat abused bicycles. They look like thoroughly blue collar steeds - my favourite ;)

What's your plans for each of 'em? :twisted:

love the schwinn. Don't want to swap it for a saracen from the same year do you? :cool:

Back