Owl That Hurt!

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
http://www.highland-news.co.uk/News/Owl-attack-terror-in-Inverness-24012013.htm

Police are seeking to interview the following suspect, whom they say would be wise to talon themselves in.

00405424.jpg

Eagle owls are huge, seen them in the wild.......there often blamed for snatching dogs and foxes etc......and I have spoke to a farmer who was attacked by one.

was he wearing a bobble hat?

it sounds like an owl that has been trained by the illuminati to attack rival masonic lodges.

I do love eagle owls they are bloody gorgeous things, all we get in birmingham are pigeons that shit all over you as you walk around the city centre

I can confirm that eagle owls are big buggers, this is Otis about to land on me at the Scottish Deer Centre.

534734_10151095511581053_702906284_n.jpg

I had one of these swoop low over my car on the A34 near Oxford one night this week, at the time all I could think was some Boffin at the university had successfully recreated Jurassic Park! "FOOKIN PTERODACTYL!!!" :shock:

birds

Thats one of the great things about Scotland, you can ride/drive around and see any number of birds of prey without too much difficulty. Not sure I want to get as close as the guy did in Inverness though!

This is a true story. I was surveying a disused coal mine in Nottinghamshire many years ago. It was the middle of winter and very cold. My mate was wearing one of those huge furry Russian hats, the ones with ear flaps etc.

I got talking to a chap flying some sort of hawk. We watched as it soared gracefully over a little hill and then dropped like a stone. A second or two later there was a shriek from man and bird and a sort of puzzled flapping sound.

Looking over the hill we saw the bird clamped to the top of my mate's head trying to take off again.

The look on the bird's face as it pondered why the rabbit was not only still alive but actively fighting back was a look to behold.

Iwasgoodonce":jeuhbvj7 said:
This is a true story. I was surveying a disused coal mine in Nottinghamshire many years ago. It was the middle of winter and very cold. My mate was wearing one of those huge furry Russian hats, the ones with ear flaps etc.

I got talking to a chap flying some sort of hawk. We watched as it soared gracefully over a little hill and then dropped like a stone. A second or two later there was a shriek from man and bird and a sort of puzzled flapping sound.

Looking over the hill we saw the bird clamped to the top of my mate's head trying to take off again.

The look on the bird's face as it pondered why the rabbit was not only still alive but actively fighting back was a look to behold.

That one made me smile. :)

^^^^ interestingl enough, those hats are made from rabbit fur (i looked it up - though it was bearskin)

Back