GT Zaskar LE 1998 ball burnished

parts:

GT Zaskar LE 1997 18" bb, complete Shimano XTR M952 group, Syncros titanium seatpost,
Syncros handlebar and stem, Chris King headset, Selle Italia Flite titanium saddle, GoreTex
cables and housing, Mavic X517 rims, Schwalbe Black Shark tires, Marzocchi Z2 SuperFly

decal detail

decalv1f8n.jpg

These threads confuse me. I have a 97 Zaskar too. There was one on here that had cable routing for a rear canti brake - which mine doesn't have. This one has different dropouts, mine are just solid plate like ones, but that as said is probably because its a 98 model as said. But why are there so many differences to the frames?
The one that I'd seen with a canti cable route was from May/June 97 IIRC and mine is a June 97. All very foozelling. But lovely bike though. I'm building mine with RC38 Airforce 2's and M950 and M739 v's. If I can find some decent XTR STI for not silly money.

Yidaki":tr6vvmur said:
Zaskar LE had CNC dropouts
Zaskar "only" didn't

I was always under the impression the Zaskar and the Zaskar LE where identical frames and the components made it 'LE'.

LE had XTR :?

Ian W":3v8awsmv said:
Yidaki":3v8awsmv said:
Zaskar LE had CNC dropouts
Zaskar "only" didn't

I was always under the impression the Zaskar and the Zaskar LE where identical frames and the components made it 'LE'.

LE had XTR :?

no, from a certain year point, they did structurally change the frames, per the details on yidakis bike

Back