Claud Butler : Project Neighbour

Theoldfm":l14t5jqv said:
Hi, what brake lever hoods did you use? I have got some Modolo levers too but they are in need of new hoods.

Ya

Dia compe, from sjs cycles, they were only £8

Flandria":2j8t620i said:
That's some brilliant cleaning over there :). Lovely how it can bring and old bike back to life.

Which rear mech is that? Looks quite modern... Maybe and older one will suit better?

It's a shimano 105 early 1990's. I'm putting the parts back on that it arrived with as its not my bike unless they can't be fixed or restored. The gears took a lot of fiddling with to get them to work flawlessly. I'd forgotten how easy it was to unship your chain on the front pre indexed systems!

Finished

Finished, here are some pictures, I'll take some more in better light. Im really pleased with it, very rewarding doing this bike, I hope he likes it!

Attachments

• Finished front 2.jpg
    Finished front 2.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 444
  • Chainset finished.jpg
    Chainset finished.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 444
  • Finished bike full.jpg
    Finished bike full.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 444
  • Finished Front.jpg
    Finished Front.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 444
Wow that's some transformation! Nice job, hope your neighbor appreciates the work you obviously put in.

WOW

WOW :shock:
Thats some transformation!
You've done a brilliant job and hopefully the owner will be just as amazed as us lot. You have got to be getting a pint or fifeteen for such an effort. ;)
Jamie

Nice work :)

Say that a Black hole crearted by Prof Hawkins in the Go Compare advert has sucked it into the future....................... gone forever :

and keep it :)

Shaun

That's a wonderful transformation and just goes to show what a little hard work can produce.

Back