Dysons

Our Dyson must be getting on for fifteen years old and has done two house renovations -- brick dust, bits of plaster, all sorts. We've replaced quite a lot of it, to be fair, but spares availability is good. Probably about time to get a new one now, though, it's pretty badgered. Every time it's stopped working cleaning the filters out has sorted it. Or pulling a big clod of hair and fluff out of the pipe ;)

Another vote for Numatic (Henry again)... actually made in the UK, works very well indeed and readily repairable should the need ever actually arise. Kind of like the Series Land Rover of the hoover world except without the rust!

Ours came with the vacuum powered brush head which is pretty good for giving carpets an occasional deep clean; the normal heads are fine most of the time.

I was a bit doubtful at first about buying something that needed bags but they seem to take forever to actually need emptying / replacing and you're not likely to have difficulty finding replacements in the foreseeable future, unlike some...

Henry!

Take an absolute beating and keep on ticking. Had a green one in the workshop for 10 years and it takes swarf, sawdust, plastic, coolant, oil and all sorts of crap, never batted an eyelid.

i reckon Henry is the way to go. i've seen plenty in my retail lifetime.
vax i've had in the past that were reliable were all bag vacs, so maybe there is something in that to be honest.....
i'll be saving my pennis for a henry then :)

now i need to think up another random topic to discuss on this forum. seems there isn't anything i can't talk about on here!

twain":3drrlrv7 said:
i reckon Henry is the way to go. i've seen plenty in my retail lifetime.
vax i've had in the past that were reliable were all bag vacs, so maybe there is something in that to be honest.....
i'll be saving my pennis for a henry then :)

now i need to think up another random topic to discuss on this forum. seems there isn't anything i can't talk about on here!

A random topic about random topics :?:

Alison

Dysons are overpriced rubbish and you need industrial ear defenders to use one, they are so NOISY!

Now have a Henry much quieter, much tougher and it totally sucks.

Back