1977 Raleigh Chopper Mk2

Wheels for Raleigh Chopper mk2

Hi there,
I just got a Raleigh Chopper MK2 for restoration and wondering from where I can get a pair of wheels?
Any help would be useful.

Thanks!
Glafcos.

Re: Wheels for Raleigh Chopper mk2

Obion":7zgeqv98 said:
Hi there,
I just got a Raleigh Chopper MK2 for restoration and wondering from where I can get a pair of wheels?
Any help would be useful.

Thanks!
Glafcos.

Ebay is your friend here or try Raleigh Chopper owners club message board. (Google it).

Chopper color codes..

Thanks a lot..
Do you know also from where I can get the color codes too??
I will have to repaint the frame and want it to look as much alike the original colors..

Re: Chopper color codes..

Obion":30o3p4y8 said:
Thanks a lot..
Do you know also from where I can get the color codes too??
I will have to repaint the frame and want it to look as much alike the original colors..

Ive seen th codes somewhere on Chopper related sites. Email anyone of the webmasters Im sure they will have it.

By the time I was old enough everyone was on Bombers, Strikers and Grifters. I think I had a Striker. There were still a few Choppers around though. I still look at them and think it's incredible that Raleigh built the thing in the first place. Hat's off to somebody... :shock: Yours is stunning Spokesmann.

As for the Alpe d'Huez effort.... I wonder what it felt like for some Dutch roadie to be overtaken by Mick on his Chopper, and notice him change down a gear and accelerate away... :cool:

Here's my Mk3 FWIW.

MIKESPICS146.jpg

What is the approximate value of a not bad but not good condition one of these? Ie probably needs new cables, a bit of a clean etc, no chips but the paint a little faded? As I have a red one in my garage.

Melon":3650y849 said:
What is the approximate value of a not bad but not good condition one of these? Ie probably needs new cables, a bit of a clean etc, no chips but the paint a little faded? As I have a red one in my garage.

Price not so buoyant as they once were.

A reasonable one, complete with no major damage should be around the 175-200 mark.

Back