Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

nice job so far.

i was the same back then, reading the marin catalogue for what seemed like hours, wishing i could afford a team.

I ended up with an eldridge though. still a great bike :D

...So a bit of an update. The forks, stem and bars were re coated but there were a couple of imperfections so are being re done...should be back with me soon though. Still also waiting for the rear smoke tyre to come back in stock, looking like the end of Febish. But...I've gone and blown more cash on a NOS M730 crankset with lovely glossy black crank arms! Think it will go nicely with the rims and brakes etc. That should be here by the weekend! Its turning more and more into my dream bike! And a money pit! One other thing on the shopping list is a Flite...would like one of the re-issue 1991 ones so that may be next!

Watch this space!

Wook

wookiee":1ko46fb7 said:
...So a bit of an update. The forks, stem and bars were re coated but there were a couple of imperfections so are being re done...should be back with me soon though. Still also waiting for the rear smoke tyre to come back in stock, looking like the end of Febish. But...I've gone and blown more cash on a NOS M730 crankset with lovely glossy black crank arms! Think it will go nicely with the rims and brakes etc. That should be here by the weekend! Its turning more and more into my dream bike! And a money pit! One other thing on the shopping list is a Flite...would like one of the re-issue 1991 ones so that may be next!

Watch this space!

Wook

just waiting for the call wook. ;) You can all blame me for the lack of 'team marin..complete' pictures as i wasn't over the moon with the neon pink powder coat. so, the bits wook needs are in yorkshu', still.
worthwhile i reckon, powdercoat won't suffer near as many problems with fading or chip-ability. those problems are what marin fans need to overcome, and, we will. :)

just waiting for the call wook. ;) You can all blame me for the lack of 'team marin..complete' pictures as i wasn't over the moon with the neon pink powder coat. so, the bits wook needs are in yorkshu', still.
worthwhile i reckon, powdercoat won't suffer near as many problems with fading or chip-ability. those problems are what marin fans need to overcome, and, we will. :)[/quote]

Marc you have been a legend in this process. I thank you for your quality control and for saving me from a lot of hassle...I owe you a beer or 2 or 5!

Wookie, have you any plans for you current chainset if you are getting a new one? If your looking to sell I might be interested in it for my team Marin.

little markie":2mfuf31p said:
Wookie, have you any plans for you current chainset if you are getting a new one? If your looking to sell I might be interested in it for my team Marin.

Yeah I probably need to sell the old chainset to help me fund the new one!

This is the new chainset....MMmmmmm! NOS!

Attachments

• M730 XT Crankset black arms.JPG
    M730 XT Crankset black arms.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 540
Very nice. That will look very smart

Keep me posted about your old set.

Just out of interest, where did you find the black chain set?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I just can't stop...retro smack is everywhere! Just ordered a re-issue Selle Italia Classic Ti Flite! Right need to reign in the spending now!

Attachments

• flite ti.jpg
    flite ti.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 482
Back