cars for under a grand...?

5x Rover SD1 V8 series 1

You've had more of 1 make and model of car than I have had cars in total. :shock:

Me:

1 x Triumph Herald
1 x Mini Clubman original BL type that someone had put a 1275 Austin Allegro engine in - what a laugh that was when it worked. :D
1 x Mark 1 Golf
1 x Skoda Favorit

Volvo V40...

I have one and it is great. Safe and comfortable. Diesel for MPG. Can get a bike in them. If you went petrol avoid the CDI 1.8, crap mitsi engine. Early ones are also better. The Volvo owners club forum is a very friendly place if you had questions, or problems after you bought one. Some going very cheap now...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/volvo/v40

SEAT toledo great motors and get the TDi And you should get around 60mpg decent sound system in them as well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-TOLE...1443116?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c2f3a6fac
Or a Toyota Pervia back seats turn into a double bed if it's a Jap import only down side is you'll more often than not get flagged down and asked for a lift to the nearest Mosque

$(KGrHqN,!iMF!zFerdI1BQcWtFelSg~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!qwF!-Frz!GDBQcWtuzVLw~~60_12.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Piperdave":2np0p8zo said:
Volvo V40...

I have one and it is great. Safe and comfortable. Diesel for MPG. Can get a bike in them. If you went petrol avoid the CDI 1.8, crap mitsi engine. Early ones are also better. The Volvo owners club forum is a very friendly place if you had questions, or problems after you bought one. Some going very cheap now...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/volvo/v40

My new 'lugging shit about' car is a 2002 V40, 2.0 petrol, 86000 miles.

Bought it last week... Cost me £1400

Loads of room for bikes and people.

Baron von Trumpen Bottom":tg41zaho said:
only down side is you'll more often than not get flagged down and asked for a lift to the nearest Mosque

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:LOL:

I'd also avoid the Toyote Corolla/Crown for the same reason ;)

jimo746":1ssq6qdn said:
Baron von Trumpen Bottom":1ssq6qdn said:
only down side is you'll more often than not get flagged down and asked for a lift to the nearest Mosque

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:LOL:

I'd also avoid the Toyote Corolla/Crown for the same reason ;)
Nearly all the taxis in Hong Kong are Toyota Crown (Comfort). They're bigger and more spacious than I had envisaged.

Probably something that irked, somewhat, during the latter part of last year.

Pyro Tim":2tngw5i5 said:
Baron von Trumpen Bottom":2tngw5i5 said:
SEAT toledo great motors and get the TDi And you should get around 60mpg decent sound system in them as well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-TOLE...1443116?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c2f3a6fac

I get 2 bikes in my Leon with the seats down. It's the TDi Cupra, 150 BHP, my wife averages 52 MPG, I get 48 out of it. Basically a Golf, but better looking, and cheaper.
Mines was the 105bhp would do a mix of driving A road/motorway/town and city and would normally get near 600 miles to a tank and I'm not light on the pedals either. Always found the SEAT/Sokda were better specced for less money. My Toledo had an 8 speaker bose sound system along with multi changer CD player and cassette deck and sports seats. Back on topic does it need to be a car? You could get a small van like a Scudo/C5 or Nissan vanette/LDV cub which look smart with a set of alloys and make good day vans.

Back