Shimano RX100

marge602

Retro Guru
Hi folks. Been a member of Retrobike for a while, but until now have only been on the mtb forum. However, since I'm a roadie it was inevitable I'd take a look at the retro road side of things eventually. Especially since one of my road bikes is an early 70s Raleigh.

I'm currently building up a '92 Dawes Edge with a road orientated spec; slicks, drops etc. The brakes/shifters are RX100, that I got off eBay for a song back in what passed as last summer. The build thread for it can be found in mtb chat called Edge of the road, if anyone's interested.

Anyway, can anyone tell me more about RX100? I kind of remember it, but the first road bike I bought('00 Trek 1000) had Sora on it. I'm guessing it pre-dates that?

Regards

Marge

It was a nice group set. Yes pre dates sora, probably early 90's. it came in all silver or a white finish. I preferred the silver finish, stays nicer looking for longer.

Tel":29il4ctv said:
It was a nice group set. Yes pre dates sora, probably early 90's. it came in all silver or a white finish. I preferred the silver finish, stays nicer looking for longer.

I actually preferred its shiny silver finish to the metallic grey of the 105 gruppo just above it. Not all that much to choose in the mechanical quality, either.

All a bit academic really, since at that time I primarily drooled over anything French (New Success in particular - so no change there!) with Campag taking second place.

David

they a great group set i got them they just as good as 105 but i think they was Ultegra back then as RX100 b4 they changed the name

I have the full white groupset on my Raleigh RX100 crappy bike for knocking about on, gears change lovely....

raleighbike007.jpg

Back