Pro cycling chat and Road CC Fantasy Cycling thread 2013

Missed stage one but have my team in now , Looking longer term over the season with my selection though :D

Re: Road CC Fantasy Cycling.

never got around to sorting this out, but i was thinking could we not have some kind of pro cycling sticky thread ? where we can comment on the latest pro races. there seems to be a few of us here who watch the classic,s.it seems cav has started with a bang this year and has a point to prove . and it will soon be time for milan-san remo. i can still see sean kelly dropping down the poggio like a mad man to snatch his last great win. maybe another win for the manx man ?

I'll see about setting something up sticky wise. I don't think you'll see Cav on the podium at MSR, he's said as much himself that its not the race for him, but he will be there and he said the same the year he won.... I don't think it plays to his strengths and most of the teams will be wanting to drop him on the climbs, it would take alot of work for OPQS to control the race and get him to the end, especially when you have someone like Boonen who can do alot more with the terrain.

Cant pick a team!! Keeps saying Window Closed....perhaps they know I know nothing about road cycling!!! :shock:

:) Its because the race has started. You can only pick and transfer during a 'window' Should open back up again this evening, and welcome in :D

kaiser":3b35rhny said:
:) Its because the race has started. You can only pick and transfer during a 'window' Should open back up again this evening, and welcome in :D

Thought as much....my bad. :oops:

Ok I've edited the OP and changed the title, stickied it too. I've added a bit about 'doping chat', I was in two minds about saying anything but I'd like the thread to be a success and I've felt cycling threads in the past always end up focussing on the doping issue. Its not to ignore it but to keep it in check, try to avoid the 'all cyclists are dopers', ' he won! he must be doping' type thing. Of course if anyone feels its a bit heavy handed or unnecessary let me know or post up, as I say I was in two minds whether to do it or not so I'll listen to reason especially from the folks who'll contribute to the thread.

Back