Anyone planning to get out and ride in the snow tomorrow?

Mindmap3":s08gsq8i said:
Tazio":s08gsq8i said:
All the bloody snow within reach of the house vanished. :cry:

Really? I would have tough Scotland would still have a good amount. We've still got plenty here, with more on the way supposedly.

We've got a whole lot less than England for once. My ex in-laws are around Redditch and they were saying they've had a hefty amount.

Couple of inches just south of Warwick, but enough to play in- couldn't be bothered to drive somewhere to ride, so just local bridleways.

Apologies for the bike not being retro, but the tyres are. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0626_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0626_edited-1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0618_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0618_edited-1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 275
I couldn't miss the chance of a bash through the local woods.

DSCN0079_zps7a1313f1.jpg

DSCN0090_zpsdc858fef.jpg

I've been out over Blanchland on Thursday and Saturday with the bike. Much heavier snow on Saturday resulting in a much shorter ride. All good though. We went walking in the Cheviots on Sunday, some really deep snow up there :cool: . Plenty more photos on my Flickr

Blanchland in the snow by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

managed to get out on saturday, on my trusty stiffee.

my local ride through ashridge estate, with the obligatory tea hut stop.

Attachments

• SAM_1888.JPG
    SAM_1888.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 218
  • SAM_1889.JPG
    SAM_1889.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 218
Nice one!!! So it wasn't just me who was getting mad in the woods then :LOL:

I took a day off work on Friday and rode to Dartmoor, Lustleigh Cleave. Some really good time I had up there, with plenty of crashes, as I couldn't see the rocks on the paths :cool:

IMG_20130118_093035-picsay_zpsd3a4f18c.jpg

IMG_20130118_092030-picsay_zps1159c0f8.jpg

IMG_20130118_085738-picsay_zpsb2569f1f.jpg

Been off my bike for around 2 weeks due to flu/chest infection, but i managed to get out today for a food trip to the shop.

It was horrible!

Its just tooo deep here, i tried the road and got utterly soaked from cars/puddles/spray, i tried the path but thats been trodden on, frozen, resnowed, trodden on again and refrozen, i was down onto the granny ring trying to grind my way down the path while the back wheel slid and span, and the front just wandered about all over the place, figuring i should try getting away from both and hitting a proper cycle route, well that just had the odd cycle track in it, which had frozen over, the rest was too deep for me to ride through, it was like riding in sand, so i had to get off and walk :(

Got to the shop, got my bait, then just rode home on the roads, utterly soaked and freezing, took me about an hour to do a 5 mile trip :LOL: :LOL:

Good to finally get out on the bike, but i wish i had of taken the car!

S-M":2exzjd2p said:
Been off my bike for around 2 weeks due to flu/chest infection, but i managed to get out today for a food trip to the shop.

It was horrible!

Its just tooo deep here, i tried the road and got utterly soaked from cars/puddles/spray, i tried the path but thats been trodden on, frozen, resnowed, trodden on again and refrozen, i was down onto the granny ring trying to grind my way down the path while the back wheel slid and span, and the front just wandered about all over the place, figuring i should try getting away from both and hitting a proper cycle route, well that just had the odd cycle track in it, which had frozen over, the rest was too deep for me to ride through, it was like riding in sand, so i had to get off and walk :(

Got to the shop, got my bait, then just rode home on the roads, utterly soaked and freezing, took me about an hour to do a 5 mile trip :LOL: :LOL:

Good to finally get out on the bike, but i wish i had of taken the car!

i know what you mean. i rode in to work yesterday as the car was stuck.

the roads are so dirty and slushy it was awfull.

im so looking forward to dry trails again and sun!!

Sliding round is all part of the fun! We've had a fair amount, probably six or seven inches in the more exposed parts. It is hard going though.

Dry and dusty rides are a long way off! When this lot melts its going to be a proper goo fest!

Went out for a spin today around the local area in South London. We've still got quite a bit of snow around.

Due to the snow I completely failed to notice a two foot drop off. Rode it fine, but it caught me totally unawares. No harm done but it was a surprise.

Back