rBoTM January 2013 - Nominations Please

Citoyen du monde":3bg1v8d6 said:
Tel":3bg1v8d6 said:
Just two entries so far! Guess everyone else has theirs locked up for the winter!?

I will post a bike later today or tomorrow.

Great,i've seen your bikes here before,i'll pm you my address to post it to!

bagpuss":2g4bjp19 said:
gavr":2g4bjp19 said:
And for something completely different, my 1974 Raleigh Twenty FE refurb and modernization.

Detailed build thread here...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=218375

Love it. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks - that was a tough one, spent a mint on tools along the way too! Just missing a front mudguard, can't get safe clearance yet, could have botched it for the picture but that's not right...

not sure if this is acceptable being a 23" track/time trial iron from the mid 50's........it is an A F Mills of Welling Kent built with Reynolds 531 tubing and Nervex lugs, it features a Stronglight 49d crankset with a 50t ring on an TA adapter, Airlite hubs on Fiamme Piste sprint rims, Cinelli bars and stem with Universal Mod.51 front brake and the inevitable Brooks B17 on a Campag seat pillar
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

[/img]

A wonderful British bike this month

Citoyen du monde":2cp1hmbd said:
I will post a bike later today or tomorrow.

It took me a bit longer than expected to get the photos. Readview might now understand why I don't think it can be posted.

The bike is labeled as Soens Cycles but also has decal stating that it was designed by Bill Whitcomb. Built with Reynolds 531 tandem tubing with eccentric BB both in teh front and middle position. Built up with a pretty mainline selection of components: Campagnolo Rally read derailleur, Campagnolo Record front derailleur, Shimano bar end shifters, Campagnolo pantographed brake levers, Phil Wood tandem hubs fitted out for use with disc brakes (which I have not found to be needed inasmuch as I live in an area with no hills whatsoever and riding partners weigh so little that the Mafac tandem cantilevers are more than sufficient.) I do however have some Shimano disc brakes that I can fit when needed. The rims are Super champion M58 in 27" size. The headset Campagnolo Record. chainsets are TA all around. The pedals are Rino all around. The saddles are Iscaselle Giro d'Italia. Cinelli 1R stem in the front and Cinelli bars on front and rearmost position (my youngest daughter still has adopted drop brs yet, but I do have another set of Cinelli bars for teh middle position when she is ready). I usually go out for rides with my daughters. I previously had a kiddie crank adaptor for the middle position as my youngest was too small to reach the pedals.

It actually rides and handles better than my much shorter Trek tandem.

Attachments

• DSCN0595.JPG
    DSCN0595.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 1,070
  • DSCN0596.JPG
    DSCN0596.JPG
    306.6 KB · Views: 1,070

Latest posts

Back