90s Specialized "Sirrus" - Year of release?

MukMuk

Retro Newbie
Hi!

I found my old Specialized Sirrus in our cellar and want to restore it. Does someone know the year of release?

The colour is dark blue / blackberry. It has a Shimano 105 SC group which was released in the early 90s and has Wolber rims. The weight is about 9.5kg.

I am wondering about the Specialized logo on the top tube with the american flag. Never seen the Specialized logo in that outline style. I tried to find out the year by the "Sirrus" lettering. All pictures I found has a different style of lettering (different font and size) than mine has.

Thanks in advance!

MukMuk

Attachments

• Bremse Hinten_1.JPG
    Bremse Hinten_1.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 3,595
  • Schaltwerk_2.jpg
    Schaltwerk_2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 3,579
  • Sirrus_2.JPG
    Sirrus_2.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,581
one-eyed_jim":25hfeete said:
It's a 1990. The 1990 catalogue lists the Sirrus in red

Thanks for that hint! I had a look in the 1990s catalog and it is listed with the same color and decals. It has also a "Direct Drive" Label :)

The only difference I could find is the fork. In the catalog is a "Triple" version with a 3-times crankset. Mine has a 2-times crankset. Maybe there was the Triple version and a normal version with 2-times and a different fork?

The colour is described with black, but it isn't black. The colour is more blackberry metallic. But in general it fits very well.

one-eyed_jim":25hfeete said:

Yeah! That's mine, except the fork. Maybe I can get that fork from somewhere. My fork is original, but not that nice.

Attachments

• Details.png
    Details.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,502
  • Bike.png
    Bike.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 3,502
Back