Show us what you did today, thread

Love it Klaus :D And as J says,love the red finishing touches too :D
Any idea when you can make the first outing on it.

Andy apart from a test ride I'm hoping to get it up to Dunkeld! So it better keep snowing :LOL:

Jamie I've just ordered a chain and cassette from CRC, 9 speed 11-34 PG970 and PC 991 chain, cannae remember the discount but it was fairly generous.

Re: Rolling

Jamiedyer":c940ej3c said:
Looking forward to a few of the fat rides as well, you heading to any?

I'd thoroughly recommend getting to Fat Forth if you can. Coastkid knows his onions and if you can make both days you will get the full range of coastal riding. Wartime remains, big sandy beaches, serious rock crawling (with easier options if you don't fancy it), dune surfing etc, etc, etc. ;)

kaiser":9u6a9bto said:
Jamie I've just ordered a chain and cassette from CRC, 9 speed 11-34 PG970 and PC 991 chain, cannae remember the discount but it was fairly generous.

SRAM PC991 9 Speed Chain
Now £18.99 RRP £39.99 Save 53%

SRAM SRAM PC991 9 Speed Hollow Pin Chain
Now £24.99 RRP £49.99 Save 50%

SRAM SRAM PC991 9 Speed Cross Step Chain
Now £19.99 RRP £44.99 Save 56%

SRAM PG970 9 Speed MTB Cassette
Now £24.99 RRP £64.99 Save 62%

Thanks

WOW guys, thanks very much for offers of help, its much appreciated.
I will probably order the cassette and chain tonight from CRC, thanks for the heads up and the price list.
Gaz, I may well get a quick release from you, I am using the rear from my 94 Stumpy and the Truckers XT rear while I build it up.
Should be done soon :roll:
Looking forward to Dunkeld, be good to see everyone again and catch up.
Thanks again guys
Jamie

In terms of the chain I'd think about the cross step. I've got on on the Salsa as I got a great deal on it without fully understanding the benefits and it came in at the same price as the standard chain. Since then I've found out that it's 25% stronger than the standard which might be useful on a fat bike. I don't think there is even a weight penalty.

You might also like to consider the 9 speed 12-36T cassette you get these days, even lower bottom gear could be useful with all that rotational mass ;)

Back