My GT RTS now fullly auluminum 6061

mtbmaniac":fhvdhx0x said:
Why not use the Team RTS front triangle? Did I miss something?

Good question - its a very small frame size. Mine s a 18" frame size but I think the team one is only a 14.5", something too small for me! Luckily the rear is the same size no matter what the front is so I used it. I plan to put the front triangle on sale.

OT-mtbr":2dmkkjn7 said:
Very nice bike there. Nice to see an original owner and very well looked after.
Nice Lotus there too.

Many thanks! I really lke the bike's design and how it feels to ride it.

Nice choice of bike, but great choice of car! (is that your Lotus?)

I will never understand riser bars with bar ends, but it obviously suits you, and it's good to see the bike still in such good condition and still being used as it should be :)

Thank you for the nice comments, yes the Lotus is mine. :)

I have obtained new old stock Shimano XTR hubs:
IMG_0948_zpse09c4a4e.jpg

IMG_0949_zps453781c2.jpg

front:
IMG_0951_zps5bf7ec4d.jpg

compared to the old LX hub:
IMG_0957_zpsa7a8d728.jpg

rear hub xtr vs. lx:
IMG_0958_zps929e2a92.jpg

I'll have to have my bike shop put a spacer for the 7 speed cassette.

now deciding if I will use this skewer:
IMG_0954_zpsd2301dc8.jpg

or this one which matches the Kore Elite stem:
IMG_0943_zpsa01ff5f7.jpg

nice hubs! my vote, XTR skewers. they just work so much better than any open cam type ones.

shimano have a much nicer feel in the hand too, there are no sharp edges and corners, everything is smooth and ergonomic

I weighed both types of skewers and the Kore ones are .5 ounce lighter than their Shimano XTR counterparts.
Still considering which one to use.

Good news - I finally got new rims!
DT Swiss XR425 V Brake rims:
IMG_1256_zps3975d7a1.jpg

So rims and hubs are at the local bike shop laced up with DT Swiss championship spokes. Ill probably have it next week.

and by luck a nice fork (upgrade to the original Rock Shox Quadra), got a great deal!:
KGrHqFHJEgFEQIBIMs4BRJpdJFYIw60_57_zps610fcf47.jpg

T2eC16ZHJGwE9nyUZE1BRJpdTM4ew60_57_zps9ad33f4d.jpg

Sorry I have not kept this thread up to date but here's the latest news.
I have completed the upgrade of my RTS. Its main purpose/mission is long cross country type rides of 60 miles or more. I hope a 100 mile day ride later this year. I chose components that had this use in mind. Adding a little bling as well, 'cause it was fun to do so! :LOL:

Almost done:
IMG_1717_zps6dc09a93.jpg

Took it out for another quick test ride and be sure shifting and braking is 'ok'. Everything is good!:
IMG_1901_zps47fe9091.jpg

Still a bit chilly around Chicagoland, USA:
IMG_1919_zpscc731d6d.jpg

but the bike is ready this season and now looks like this with new saddle and such...this is how it looks now.
Love how it rides and feels now and I personally like how the bike turned out with little 'bling' accents, I tried not to overdo it though.
IMG_1980_zps57099405.jpg

Have a great ride everyone!

Blindingsun":2xyeaxd6 said:
dude your seat is slanted far too forward :p

looking good otherwise though :p

X2, correct that if you're considering BOTM :LOL:

Looks fantastic you must be chuffed, my LTs should be ready soon & I can't wait.

Tc

Back