Wheelset OLD 130mm Campag

I have a set of veloce hubs (I think, might be athena, mirage, or something similar) built with blue ambrosio exellence rims. Not sure on spokes or spoke count. Rear takes a 9/10/11s cassette. Let me know if they night be suitable and I'll go find them. I need to check condition and postage before I work out a price though.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I may be wrong but from what I’ve read it appears that 130mm OLD takes a 7/8 cassette and wouldn’t work with a 9/10/11 without stretching the frame. As it’s currently my only bike I don’t want to stretch the frame. They sound interesting though if they were to fit.
Thanks,
Ken

Ken, 8, 9, 10 and 11 speed road hubs all use 130mm OLN / OLD. Older 5, 6 or 7 speed hubs (120mm or 126mm) can be adapted to fit, either with a few spacers or a change of axle too. If your frame is 130mm, then my hubs (or any other road hub from the last 20 years or so) will fit.

There are 3 types of campag freehub body with 130mm OLN - the first 8 speed version, with all splines the same size, the second 8 speed version (exadrive) with one spline different from the rest to enable correct fitting of the cassette sprockets, and then the latest 9/10/11 speed freehub body which takes all 9, 10 and 11 speed cassettes, but not 8 speed ones. If you need an 8 speed cassette then you can either find an 8 speed campag hub, or adapt a 9 speed cassette to 8 speed spacing on a 9/10/11 speed freehub body.

Hope this helps!

Andy

Thanks for explaining that Andy. Looks like I might be ok so. I'm interested if you want to have a look for them.
Thanks
Ken

No problem Ken, I'll sort them out and take some pics, but can't do it until weds at the earliest.

Cheers, Andy

Sorry guys, no pics yet, hopefully tomorrow! mattsccm, if Ken doesn't want them, then you're next in line :)

Andy

Back