Thinking of retro road.....

i use to road race a merckx mx leader, after 80 miles it was brutal due to the super stiff frame and forks,but they do look loverly

NeilM":2iqwe337 said:
I've looked at photo's of a couple of Basso's and compared them to my Astore. I wouldn't be in the least surprised to find they both came from the same frame builder.

Here's a lotto on the bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121052748065? ... 1423.l2649 It looks like a nice one, but I have seen them go for quite a bit cheeper than this - seatpost clamp area also looks very different to a Ciocc built Concorde.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
LDP":1vec2agl said:
NeilM":1vec2agl said:
I've looked at photo's of a couple of Basso's and compared them to my Astore. I wouldn't be in the least surprised to find they both came from the same frame builder.

Here's a lotto on the bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121052748065? ... 1423.l2649 It looks like a nice one, but I have seen them go for quite a bit cheeper than this - seatpost clamp area also looks very different to a Ciocc built Concorde.

Nice frame, but the postage and packing looks a bit on the high side.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
There was a Concorde Squadra on the bay this morning that I'm sure was made by CIOCC.

It didn't stay up there long.

almost got the 7 eleven eddy merckx corsa built and will let you know what it's like out on the road. were you in the glasgow wheelers per chance?!

craig

Kaiser - what size? I have a Master X-Lite I'm considering selling (Frame & Fork) as it's a size too small and I've not been able to get that satisfied feeling on it. My proper size is a 57 (56.5 top tube), but due ape like arms I run a long stem, so the 55 (54cm top tube) is just too cramped even with a long stem.

You're in Scotland somewhere so a pick up may be possible...

rusty bodie":176ck31r said:
almost got the 7 eleven eddy merckx corsa built and will let you know what it's like out on the road. were you in the glasgow wheelers per chance?!

craig

Alas I was not in the Wheelers, I'm also Ayrshire(Saltcoats), will be looking forward to seeing the Corsa :) have you a thread started yet?

BigFoz":2f0h18m0 said:
Kaiser - what size? I have a Master X-Lite I'm considering selling (Frame & Fork) as it's a size too small and I've not been able to get that satisfied feeling on it. My proper size is a 57 (56.5 top tube), but due ape like arms I run a long stem, so the 55 (54cm top tube) is just too cramped even with a long stem.

You're in Scotland somewhere so a pick up may be possible...

BigFoz you tempt me too much! Do you have any pics? And what height are you? I'm 5'10 but do seem more comfortable on smaller bikes. Whats the toptube length and the head tube? And the million dollar question, how much are you after?

main.php

Kaiser, It's not pristine, it's a '92 or '93 model I think. It's a 55cm c-c, top tube 54 c-c. As you can see I've got the seat racked back and a looong xtn on it. Forks are non-std, and unbranded carbon with steel steerer. Would be frame and forks only, and looking around £275 - could likely get more on eBay but I'd rather see it go to good home, and it owes me nothing. (I bought it for £550 as a complete bike about 7 years ago, with Dura-Ace on it. I then stripped it, built it with Campag spares I had, and sold the Dura-Ace back on eBay for £400...)

I've got a bike too many (possibly 2 too many!) for my small shed, this has spent most of the last 2 years in the loft due to lack of room.

Latest posts

Back