Bit if advice please?

Oldaircool

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all,
Bit of advice please......I'm newish to this lark. I've wanted a Raleigh 653 for years but I've never really been able to justify/afford. However, I've finally landed my dream machine.........a 1989 record ace, with a sante groupset. But, she needs refinishing, I've got some quotes which I'm quite happy with. however, I can't get hold of replacement decals, I've had a quote to have some made but this seems to be a bit on the expensive side.

So my question is, do I fork out for these replacements or do I buy a set of Castorama decals off the shelf and go down that route? I don't plan on selling her so is turning her into a Castorama replica devaluing the frame!

I'd be pleased to get your thoughts.........

The photo issue can be resolved by joining photobucket. Upload pics to your account and once up loaded check the images for their details - you need the code for bulletin boards and forums - select the link, copy it and past the link in your post and hey presto - PICS!!!

It sounds harder than is is - try it. I use the older version of photobucket - i think it is easier to work with but i am not sure how i got that version.

The following is the same as the above without babble!!

Share link - Get Link Code - IMG for bulletin boards and forums - full size - copy and paste to here

Good luck,

Richard

raleigh

Hi.
Have a look at the nick@ lloyds website.You can find it on google. If its not on his hugh stock list then contact him because not everything is on there. If all else fails he could make them up for you.I never like the idea of calling a bike something that it is not and I doubt I would ever knowingly buy one that had been rebadged.It seems to happen a lot with Colnago clones on e bay. Seen three woodrups go that way last year.
Regards
Peter

Back