£2000.00 What retro bike?

02gf74":1hxrls8m said:
Make a list of bikes you like to own and ride then worry about the cost.

I am probably the least retro bike oriented person on this forum (my oldest is 1998 and then majority are less than 4 years old) but would suggest that Marin with the twin shocks that replace the seat stays motorcycle stylee.

lemme see if I can find a photo.....

easier than I though, here we go Marin FRS

marin-pine-frs-2.jpg

There one of these just down the road from me, 150 euros

http://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/403343005.htm?ca=22_s

I think it is quick easy to blow 2K on a retro machine if you are after something very special. I would however decide the frame and spec you want and let that determine your budget rather than let your budget determine your build - within reason of course or you will have something you will never finish.

Ultimatley you have to like the frame so if you have never tried it it you might as well cobble it together and try it out. If the frame suits then splash out on the ideal spec.

I am trying to complete an M730 group as that what I want on my Marin Palisades.

JSO":2aqsb2f2 said:
Might as well go for one of the MOST elusive of all Retro MTBs.....

OFF ROAD TOAD

Good luck on finding one though

But.....a nice Early Ti Frame would be great also

you mean like this? the MOST elusive of the MOST elusive? ;)

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 259
£2000 is not that much really in terms of 'high end'.

A 2010 Ti bike will likely be much better than a 2000 Ti bike, for the same money. I wouldn't be looking at 1996 Ti bikes at that money.

For my two grand I would be looking for something rare rather than exotic material wise.

Two grand is going to buy you a really special custom made bike that someone is selling on, if you look long and hard.

No pun intended, but it is a pretty good one if you take it all the way in.

Something beautifully rendered and dripping with nice parts should be available at that money.

Can anyone remember any bikes that have sold on here (or Ebay)for more than £2k.... Kleins certainly but can't think of too many others.

Back